Zoom Car — wrong damage fee. issue not resolved

Wrong damage amount: 10, 000/-
Contact details: rahul. [protected]@gmail.com

Notice they sent me:

Dear kuliyam pattil rahul,

This e-mail is with reference to the booking made by you with zoomcar through company's webpage/mobile app with the following details -

S. No booking id car provided start time end time pickup point drop off point initial rental security deposit outstanding
1 jps6xrn1u ka03af3226 10/08/2019 03:30 10/08/2019 22:58 om pg for men, thoraipakkam, 4849724 om pg for men, thoraipakkam, 4849724 4603 0 10000

It has come to our attention that the car has been used in excess of the paid rental amount and in accordance of the agreement duly verified and acknowledged by you, you are liable to make payment of ₹10000 to the company. Please note that failure to make payment of the due amount will render you liable to civil proceedings and the company would be entitled to recover the due amount by attachment of your property (Movable/immovable) or otherwise. Further, willfully declining or making delay to pay the above said outstanding amount could also subject you to criminal proceedings.

We therefore request you to make payment of the aforementioned outstanding amount of ₹10000 within 5 days of this mail, failing which we shall be constrained to initiate against you civil and criminal legal proceedings as are warranted by law for recovery of the due amount. Please note that in accordance with the member agreement displayed here, duly verified and acknowledged by you, the company is entitled to recover all costs incurred in initiation of legal proceedings.

For zoomcar india private limited
Sd/-
Anitha rajasekaran
Signatory authority.

Reply mail i sent to the notice they sent me:

Hello anitha, zoomcar team,

We are aware of the member agreement and ofcourse have the sense of paying any charges that are really entitled for us. At the same time we as customers will not pay any charges that doesn't belong/relate to us.

I firmly and with all the evidence say that there is no single scratch or any minute damage from my side. I have written several mails with the same information to your team and also asked them to reach out to me with damages so that i can provide them the necessary evidence as i don't have the option to upload before and after videos of the car (Your zoomcar mobile app allows only images as attachment).

The car was given to me with dirty interiors, vomits on the exterior of the car, etc. I got it water washed before going on my 1 day vacation.

It's been more than a week and no reply or call from your team even after multiple mails and calls from side.

You people have unnecessarily charged me 10, 000/- that i will never pay. You can even initiate legal procedures. It's minimum courtesy to atleast inform me if there is any discrepancy (Like the nature of damage, etc.). But you have done nothing and tagged me with unnecessary bill.

You can check the correctness and get back to me on the same to discuss on this issue further.

Thanks and regards,
Rahul kuliyampattil.

[Aug 19, 2019] Zoom Car customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Zoom Car Customer Care's response, Aug 25, 2019
Hello Rahul,

Greetings!

We are sorry to know about the discrepancy in the billing. We did have a check and see that the charge levied is invalid. Hence, we have reversed the charge. Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Ramya. S