Airtel Mcheck - Airtel MCHEK Payment
nikky_uv on Feb 14, 2011
I’d been trying to make a payment through MCHEK to Airtel and DG Toll from last 11 days and its failing every time. All this started happening after 1st Feb, 2011. I tried making the payment though my HDFC and Citibank Credit Cards and both are failing. I tried to add my ICICI Credit Card and every time I get a message “Sorry, problem processing your request. Please try later.” I tried contacting Airtel and got a response that I should contact MCHEK tech support. I tried contacting MCHEK tech support and every time they asked me to contact my Bank Customer Care. Then I called up all 3 banks and they said that they’ve never received such request for payment. I even registered my ICICI and HDFC Credit Card for the “Visa Verified 3d Secure”. I’m getting the IOTP/OTP from my respective banks through SMS and Email. I always send that IOTP/OTP number to ‘543219’ and then I get different messages as below:
1. From: AD-543219: “We are sorry, there was a problem processing your request. Your account has not been charged. Please call your banks customer service line.”
2. From: AD-543219: “Sorry! your card could not be added at this moment. Please try again later or call customer care for more info”
3. From: AD-543219: “Your card add timed out as u have not entered IOTP. Visit m.mchek.com/iotp on ur browser to get IOTP,then retry. Sms IOTP to 543219 in 2min. Supp# 02240053888”
I tried adding my ICICI Credit Card again today before sending you this email. The process I followed every time is same as below:
1. I went to the link, m.mchek.com/iotp and generated the IOTP from there that was sent to me on my Mobile number.
2. I opened Mchek application on my phone and clicked on Add card, entered all the card info and finally got a message asking me to send the IOTP to ‘543219’ number.
3. I copied the IOTP number received from ICICI and sent it back to ‘543219’ as required.
4. Then I got a message immediately, “Sorry! your card could not be added at this moment. Please try again later or call customer care for more info”.
5. After a while I got the next message, “Your card add timed out as u hve not entered IOTP. Visit m.mchek.com/iotp on ur browser to get IOTP,then retry. Sms IOTP to 543219 in 2min. Supp# 02240053888”.
I tried to make payment through HDFC Credit Card that somehow got added in Mchek application on my phone using below mentioned steps:
1. I generated the OTP by sending the sms "PWD <last 4digits of card #>" to 9717465555.
2. Then I got my OTP from HDFC.
3. I opened the Mchek application on my phone to make a payment (I tried recharging my other Airtel prepaid number and DG Toll Tag at different times) entered all the required info.
4. I got a message asking me to send the OTP to ‘543219’ number.
5. I copied the OTP number received from HDFC and sent it back to ‘543219’ as required.
4. Then I got a message immediately, “We are sorry, there was a problem processing your request. Your account has not been charged. Please call your banks customer service line.”
6. After a while I got another message, “Sorry! Your transaction timed out as you hve not entered OTP. Request OTP from your bank & retry transaction. Remember to enter OTP within 2min.”
I’m not a novice customer/user who doesn’t know how to follow instructions. I’d been using Mchek from the very first day it was launched and got associated with Airtel. If you’ll check my account history then you’ll come know that I’d been always making Airtel and DG Toll Tag payments through Mchek. I’ve already wasted my several hours and days now contacting all the concerned Customer Care.
I’ve already contacted Airtel Customer Reps, Airtel Floor Leaders, many Airtel Nodal Officers and all the 3 banks’ Customer Care.
|18 Comments Updated:||Resolve this Complaint||
Post your Comment
Airtel Customer Care Toll Free Number: 1800-103-4444
20, Sarakki Main Road, JP Nagar 1st Phase, Bangalore, Karnataka, India - 560078Additional contact available
Consumer Complaints |
Submit Complaint |
View full list of Companies |
Latest Complaints |
Updated Complaints |
Contact Us |
© 2015 Consumer Complaints Forum
If you have any constructive thoughts, creative ideas, or reasonable offers, please, contact us immediately via E-mail