Insurance Verification Department - fake call for policy cancellation and dividend refund

ujwal mehta on Jul 12, 2012
i got a call from +9111409580325 mentioning that the caller represents Insurance Verification Department appointed by IRDA. He told that i need to provide my verification (i.e. Age, residential address, that mysterious policy details for which i will be getting dividend of Rs.1.5 lacs, etc )and asked about Agent name as there was an agent code available with the request of cancellation and finally another person told that it is ICICI Prudential Insurance policy which is refered for cancellation and if i want i can get money in my account.

i would request you to please let me know whether it is a true call or a fake call..

Comments

T.S.Udayakumar Insurance Agent  - India

IT Refund - Insurance Agent

My PAN No: AAYPU1001B

I am Insurance Advisor in Madurai, Tamilnadu.

I have not yet received my IT Refund for the year 2007-2008.

Kindly send me my Refund at the earliest.

N Jun 12, 2011 by

GETTING CALLS EVERYTHI INSURANCE - TATA AIG

GETTING CALLS FROM TATA AIG INSURANCE FOR THEIR VARIOUS INSURANCE SEPARATELY FROM THE LAST ONE YEAR EVERY THIRD DAY, BY DIFFERENT PERSONS IRRESPECTIVE OF REQUESTING THEM NOT TO CALL AS DON'T NEED TO BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM.AND THEY ARE NOT UPDATING THEIR RECORDS SO AS TO CALL OR NOT TO CALL A PARTICULAR PERSON.

M.BALAJI
HYDERABAD
A Jun 12, 2011 by
M.BALAJI43 Insurance Verification Department  - India

These days its a trouble
N Jun 12, 2011 by
M.BALAJI43 Insurance Verification Department  - India

I think the company puts pressure on these people and also give them a handsome incentive so they do not care what they do.
N Jul 22, 2011 by
madhamshetty Insurance Verification Department  - India

misleading of cancellation of existing policy - TATA-AIG/Insurance policy

Dear Sir
i have taken/Renewed a policy on my name(Praveen M shetty) vide no.ITHC1000009136 dated 14.11.2010 and on my wife name( Madhamshetty Gayathri) vide no.SHC10000020101 dated 11.11.2010
in the month of DEc 2010 igot call from TATA-Aig if you take new policy we will give you full refund for existing policy holders, based that i have taken new policies which are cashless card name is Well insured policies after i policy received new policy i have equired about old policy concelation they are informing that they can cancel with out any refund.cancellation charges is there based on period of holding.
your sincerely
praveen
A Jul 12, 2012 by
deepakjain15

Even i am continously getting these calls... and these people talk to you so confidently that u have to believe them... i am looking forward to get a confirmation .. as I have a strong feeling that these are fake calls.. how can they get the Agent commision back from them as they would have been disbursed long time back.
N Jul 13, 2012 by
ICICIPrudentialCare@gmail.com

Dear Mr. Mehta,

We are sorry to hear your concern. We request you to help us with your contact and policy details so as to assist you.
Alternatively, you may also post your concern along with your policy details on http://www.iciciprulife.com/ipru/GrievanceRedStep.jsp?step=2

Request you to quote the reference number 025490 whilst sharing the details. Post receipt of the requirement, our representative will get in touch with you within 48 hours.

ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
N Jul 25, 2012 by
RLTPJ

I ALSO GOT THE SAME CALL TODAY & I CONFIRMED TO THEM TO GIVE THE CHECK TOMORROW, PLS. ADVISE ME WHAT I SHIULD DO ?
N Jul 27, 2012 by
Vijay Haria

I just got a same call. I think this was a fake call with malafide intention. the name given by the caller was Mr. Raj Saxena.
N Jul 27, 2012 by
ICICIPrudentialCare@gmail.com

Dear RLTPJ and Mr.Haria,

We request you to be cautious while giving out your personal details and urge to not reveal any confidential information to any individuals who claim to be authorized individuals or official representatives.

We appreciate the fact that you have highlighted the issue to us. To enable us to investigate on the issue we would request you to share your policy number with us by contacting us on 1860 266 7766 or via e-mail at lifeline@iciciprulife.com.

We hope our continued efforts help safeguard your interests.

ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
N Sep 29, 2012 by
arundhing

I got similar call today. He told me his name was Sameer Mehta and was calling from Insurance Verification Division (IVD) which was authorized by IRDA. He said that my agent was taking my performance bonus by entering some code. When I questioned him back about my policy name, number he was not able to reply. Says he cannot disclose this. He gave some address - Rohini Sector-5 Delhi.

It certainly is fake call to get insurance information of people. They have people's name, phone nos and address and they are just calling all people. LIC companies do not give performance bonus like this they would credit this and a policy holder would get such bonus at end of its term.
D Oct 9, 2012 by
ajaysabharwal

I also received a call from insurance department asking me whether my policy is working fine or not when i asked him his name he told me his name (Vikas) and when i asked hi contact number hi told that he don't have any mobile and also refused to give office contact number and when i asked him to connect me with his senior he told me that " there is no senior here". it was clear from the ways he was talking to me that he wasn't from any insurance department. When i asked about his office address he gave the following address

Office No. 61, Noida, Sec-3.
I often receive calls from these so called Insurance Department and when i asked him why there have so many calls from your department his reply was that " sometimes the data gets lost so they call again for verification, " which was not satisfactory reply for me.If there is such govt. agency in real, then why don't they have any any backup facility for their data protection rather than calling again and again to customers. If anybody has same problem kindly let me know. My email id is ajaysabharwal2287@gmail.com

I want to know that whether there is any insurance department office at the above address.
Ajay
D Oct 24, 2012 by
Arti Bahl

I am also getting these calls
I got one today from 01164784910
They have details of my policy also
D Oct 24, 2012 by
mrpl

I got a call on 12-13th October and I applied for cancellation of my existing policy. Please advise if it is fraud what is to be done.

nsm
D Nov 23, 2012 by
kp1009

i also got a similar call ...from following numbers.
+911409580325
+911409305246...
D Nov 27, 2012 by
Amit Agroyee

I am also getting such call from +911164785865
D Dec 4, 2012 by
raj bhushan

i also got a similar call ...from following numbers.
+911409580325, +919718726956, +918459700271
D Dec 4, 2012 by
Arvind Srivastava

Today I received a call from the phone no. +911206494701. The person calling said he is from Insurance Verification Department and is surveying the customers for for their level of satisfaction with their insurance companies. On further enquiry he stated that he has been authorised by IRDA. On visitng the site of IRDA I didn't find any link showing any such authorisation. I am unable to understand as to what would have been the purpose of the call and how they get benefitted. In my opinion all such calls should straightaway be ignored.

Arvind Srivastava
D Dec 8, 2012 by
parag.khode@gmail.com

I also received same call from person Sachin 9594530801, 02230247024.
D Dec 13, 2012 by
Namrata Tiwari

My old parents have been getting calls from 08447664114 and then I called up the number. After which I have been called from 1409803905.When I started questioning, the person snapped the phone. One of the names is Sujata Mehta