Airtel — airtel broadband - customer harassment, wrong promises made

I am a resident of paras seasons, sector 168, noida.

I had purchased airtel broadband connection on 10th march 2018 by paying advance 6 months amount (As the dealer insisted that by paying advance amount for longer period, it will cost me lesser monthly rental). I had paid rs. 5428/- (Caf number:[protected], the dealer had promised that the connection will be activated either same day in evening or latest by next day morning (I. E. 11th march 2018). However they kept delaying it, and i kept calling them up to get it activated, and they kept saying it will be done. This wasted my entire weekend as i kept waiting for their representative to come and activate the connection. I also requested them to return my money so that i could get the connection through some other service provider but they are not even ready to return my money.
This is complete harassment, they could have clearly told me that this will not happen so i would not have wasted my 2 days chasing them. I kept waiting for them to resolve this till late night of 12th march as they said it will happen today but ultimately they stopped taking my calls and neither they came for activating my account.
Please help me to get my money back and take proper action against the service provider and dealer so that they can not harass other customers in future.

airtel broadband - customer harassment, wrong promises made
Mar 12, 2018

Airtel customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Comments

I applied broadband service from airtel and paid Rs.500 as installation charges but as the promised pack speed was not upto par so i cancelled before installation, but i was not paid back the installation charges afterward and i'm not even able to contact the person in charge.
I have ported my [protected] number into another network but it's not changed to that network.

Airtel