Airtel — error in international data charges (high charges)

This is akshay rao. I had traveled to thailand from 19th april to 23rd april and unfortunately i have received a bill of rs 16, 630 out of which rs 11, 099 is international data charges for those days. I have called the customer care 4 times and on 31.05.2019 it was committed to me that my concern would be resolved but the person who reached me on 01.06.2019 couldn’t do the same and neither had the competency to resolve a client query for a justification that was asked. He was just reiterating what is there on itemized bill and claiming that to be clarification which is not & stating that you need to pay because it is there on the bill & was consumed is not the way executives should be talking to clients. I found the executive to be quite rude and arrogant in his response for asking justification on my data consumption.

International daily pack was activated on all days (Rs 499) – 500 mb is free per day
19th april 2019 – data consumption is 283.6 mb
20th april 2019 – data consumption is 592.2 mb
21st april 2019 – data consumption is 163.75 mb
22nd april 2019 – data consumption is 4.084 gb

My concern is very simple
A) my concern is consumption of 4 gb on 22nd april 2019 in span of 1½ hour as per the timing generated in the bill (11.16.10 am to 12.56.21 pm) at 4 intervals of exact 1 gb consumption (Image attached of bill). How can a person practically consume so much data in such a span? When on other days i have maintained my data limit. If i had really did consume so much data then i would be aware of it but when i have not consumed then i do not have a reason to pay for it. I had even ensured that the data was off when it was not in use. My friend who was with me had data consumption not more than 2.5 gb even after keeping it on 24 x 7, unlike me. Please note a person needs to watch 720p hd movie for 4 hours to consume so much data approximately depending on resolution etc. I have checked my browsing history and whatsapp data for that day and i didn’t notice any work that would have made my data consumption abnormal.

Fortunately i have been there for 4 days and i ended up with such bill. If i was there for 15 days may be i would have got a bill worth rs 50, 000 or more.

I hope it will be resolved. I have written on airtel india facebook page also now.

error in international data charges (high charges)

[Jun 02, 2019] Airtel customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Complaint comments  1 Comment     Updated: ShareTweet

Comments

Hello Sir, We too have similar complaint on Airtel posted today with subject line 'unethical business practices by airtel regarding international roaming and data charges'. Worst service by them.

19568