[Resolved] Airtel — mnp not completed - left with no connectivity

Girish Padharthi on Dec 12, 2017
I had applied for mnp from airtel postpaid - bangalore circle to airtel prepaid - chennai circle on dec 1st, 2017 using aadhar as identity proof and authenticated using finger print with a nearby retailer.

The old sim card was observed to be deactivated on 9th dec, 2017. No notification sms was received for the porting activity. When the new sim card was inserted, it failed with error "sim card registration failed".

I had contacted airtel at 121 several times during the day on 9th dec and 10th dec, 2017. All the suggestions given were tried out but turned out to be futile.
I. Restart the phone
Ii. Insert sim in another phone
Iii. Select ind airtel manually in network settings

I was promised that connection will be activated withing 15 mins, 2 hrs, 4 hrs etc. Over the phone. Nothing worked.

A written complaint was made to airtel 121@in. Airtel.com on 10th dec, 2017.
Reference number: 56899227 was generated on 11th dec, 2017. A follow-up email from the service specialist from airtel was received with useless response.

I forwarded that email to the airtel's appellate authority for tamil nadu (Nodalofficer. Tn@in. Airtel.com) and followed up with a telephone call immediately ([protected]). The details were found from https://www.airtel.in/mobile-nodal-officer.

I received a response from nodal team on the same day (11th dec, 2017) that the issue was being looked into and i will be updated on the progress.

That was the last that i had heard from them.

My day to day routine requires me to stay connected at all times. Since all my accounts are linked to my mobile phone number, it has been extremely difficult to carry out my activities.

Kindly look into this issue and facilitate a speedy resolution.
Complaint marked as Resolved Dec 21, 2017
The problem was resolved on 16/17 th Dec, 2017.

Continuous follow-ups were made with the Nodal Officer from Airtel. The issue was finally resolved.

[Dec 12, 2017] Airtel customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by Girish Padharthi, Dec 12, 2017