[Resolved] Bharat Matrimony — request for refund denied

Miyoo on Jan 31, 2019
My brother became a paid member of BM on 1st January 2019. We hardly came across suitable alliances based on 'partner preferences'. Their solution was to broaden partner preferences. I hope they understand that people don't choose partners based on third-party preferences. Since we were dissatisfied with their service, we sought a refund (I specifically asked them to deduct the amount till Jan. 31st and refund the remaining amount).

I spoke to more than 5 customer service executives, including a senior executive. They accept that there is nothing they can do about it, yet they are not ready to refund our money citing 'membership payment is non-refundable as per our terms and conditions'. In the current scenario, one can claim and get a refund for a product/service if one is dissatisfied with the same from prominent sites like Amazon, Flipkart, Bluestones, etc. How is it that it is not applicable to a service that has to do with seeking a life partner?

Please note that I received a no. of calls from the BM team asking me (my brother) to become a paid member. Once the paid membership was taken and we genuinely needed their assistance, they became indifferent and offered nil help. Though they claim to be a trusted brand, their actions speak otherwise.

If you still adhere to ethical business practices, kindly refund the amount at the earliest.

BM Ticket No.: BM19722791
Complaint marked as Resolved Feb 2, 2019
Finally, they [7092385376] called me up and said that they were ready to refund 2500 (of 4500) as we had checked contact details of 4 people. We decided to continue with the paid service as a partial refund was not going to make any difference at all. But I will seriously not recommend BM to anyone. I had to drop several emails, speak to 5 or more customer service executives (an executive by the name of Mr. Anoop was the only one who at least took some effort to listen to our issue and give us a couple of valid suggestions) and finally post a complaint on consumercomplaints.in to get someone from their team to resolve the issue. Thank you!

[Feb 01, 2019] Bharat Matrimony customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Bharat Matrimony Customer Care's response, Feb 05, 2019
Dear User,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

This is with reference to your mail regarding the refund of payment charged towards your matrimony id.

We have checked and found that you have received a call form the concern person as per you request and issue has been solved.

Should you require any further clarifications or assistance, please reply to us via email to [protected]@bharatmatrimony.com
We value your association with Bharatmatrimony.com.

Team Contact Center
Bharatmatrimony.com

+91 81 4499 8877 (India)
    +1 818 688 3593 (USA/Canada)
    +44 20 3608 0267 (UK)
    No:94, TVH Beliciaa Towers, 10th Floor, Tower 2, MRC Nagar, Mandaveli, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India - 600028
    Bharat Matrimony - request for refund denied