Apollo Hospital, Greams Road, Chennai
1.4

Apollo Hospital, Greams Road, Chennai Complaints & Reviews

We asked for 3 month supply of foracort 200 rotacap, tiova and revolizer and then changed it to 1 month. We were told to pay 1700 for 1 month. Upon asking the cost of 3 month supply, were told 2700 which made no sense. We asked the biller to check again and he reiterated the same cost and said that is the mrp rate.
We complained to the pharmacist there who rechecked and told us it is 850 which seemed more sensible but if we had not complained we would end up paying atleast 1000 rs extra! It appears to be a common practice to overcharge in this pharmacy!
Aug 7, 2021

Thanks for bringing this to our notice, we will look into this immediately. We request you to please share your contact number with us. Thanks.

My daughter gave birth to son in apollo cradle. I had worst experience with doctors, staff etc. Worst canteen useless doctors. Money sucking venture. Never visit this useless hospital.

Similarly. My relative was admitted for diarrhoea and she became serious finally ended up sepsil. Now she's handicapped and is tied to wheel chair. Avoid apollo's. At any cost. Money sucking hospital
    Dear Ms. Seshadri,

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. It’s our constant endeavour to create a better experience for our patients and we will take corrective measures to ensure that all future experiences are positive and smooth. Please leave us your contact information and our Customer Care team will get in touch with you at the earliest.

Team Apollo Cradle

Subject: complain against Appollo Hospital to not given proper medical treatment Dear sirMadam, Iwant to inform you that my father whos age is 75 (AC[protected] years and he is suffering from obstructive jundice. To give him better and proper treatment i take him to local Apllo centere, where with the help of viedeo conferenc i meet Dr. J.K.A Jameel who check all the medical records and advice us to take patient Apllo Hospital in Chennai. Due to his advice on 30th April, 2015 we meet Dr. J.K.A Jameel in chennai. But at the first visit he refuge to give treatment my father. But on our request he advice us to do some test. After see the results he again refuge to do any medical treatment and he advice us to return home. But we again request him to do some treatment to my father. Beecause at that time we are very critical condition in chennai. So, we again request him to do treatment or help us anyhow. Then he send us to Apollo Speciality Hospital and advise us to meet Dr, Raghavan. After study the whole case history Dr. Raghavan told us that it is a simple problem and surgery is needed. He make a plane and give us to submit Dr. J.K.A Jameel. But when we meet Dr. J.K.A Jameel and submit plane he was very angry on us and do misbehave, also he told us to getout from his chamber. At that moment we feel very nervious also you cane imagine what will be the mentel condition of the patient and attendent. We think it is a total violence of Human Rights. As a human each and everyone has to right to get proper and right treatment. How can a resposible doctor do such type of behaviour with a senior citizen? After that admited our patient in C.M.C Medical College Hospital on 5th May, 2015 in emergency in very serious condition. After getting proper treatment for a long one month now he is almost cure. But after last week he is in very serious condition and 11 august he die. SO, We request to you please help us to give him proper treatment and also help us to give punish those doctor. Thanking You. yours faithfully pankaj kumar goswami mo ; [protected] E-Mail ; pankaj.[protected]@gmail.com To The Director, Appolo Hospital, Cheenai

My Wife died at Apollo hospital after the liver transplant within 4 days . Negligence in the post operatative care 1 . Senior Dr Absence 2. How the patient can be shifted within 2 Days from ICU to HDU - Major Surgery Case - Who has taken the decision in the LIver ICU 3. Such a Major Surgery patient how the patient shifted to CT Scan from Apollo Greams road to Apollo Heart Centre in the midnight for Scanning purpose 4. After the complication patient once again shifted to HDU to ICU 5. For the past 3 Days Senior Dr report says patient recovering well but 4th Day Night Onwards They said critical within 4 hRs She died 6.I am consulting for the past 3 Years Dr .Murugan -Hepatlogist . i went and told the status of my Patient he toldvery clearly this case will be dealt by the surgeon only such a negligence answer form his side - What is the use of consulting for the past 3 years 7. I am not going to leave this case as it is i am going to dealt with legally in future

I was provided with a 5.30 pm appointment. I reached the hospital before 5 pm. There was no proper information from the staff on when we would meet the doctor. Even after 7.30 pm they were just telling there were 6 patients waiting before. I do not understand iif they really understand what they mean by an appointment. No value for a patient or their time and worst staff behaviour

This is regarding irresponsible behaviour and wrong medication of Dr H Subramony of Apollo Hospital, Greams Road Chennai.

I consulted Dr H Subhramony at the onset of a single boil and fever.He diagnosed it as "Chicken Pox" or "Varicella Zoster" and administered 'Acivir 200' only.

I suffered from high fever (even fell senseless once) for the next three days with around 400 new boils appearing all over my body.It was only after contacting the emergency doctor in Apollo that i was prescribed Crocin and Acivir 800 instead of Acivir 200.

Acivir 800 is the only medicine for Varicella Zoster prescribed by doctors all over the world.How come I was prescribed Acivir 200 which is only for infants of less than 2years of age (I am a 32 year old male)?

Given below are the details of my visit.

Patient Name: Suman Mitra
            Doctor: Dr H Subramony, MD.
            Visit Date & Time: 4th Feb 2012 11:27AM

Hope that I get a proper redressal as soon as possible.

Warm Regards,
            Suman Mitra

My husband is operated for synovial chondromatosis (Calcium crystals removal) in right leg(knee) by Dr.Saravanan (ortho) last year in Greams road Apollo. But till date he s suffering a lot. The operation was not done well. Half the crystals remain in the knee. Maybe this doctor is not an expert in it. He could have refused to do it. I dont know why he has taken my husband for granted. He spoke so well, charged Rs.75,000. But no use.

After two months we found the truth, we have operated his left leg(knee) by an expert Dr.David rajan from Kumaran hospital. He has done an excellent operation. All the crystals in left leg is removed. He has charged only Rs.55,000. We are greatly indebted to him.

Now after one year we are reoperating his right leg by this expert. Just imagine how much pain it is for us. He has to take rest for two months, do physiotherapy to straighten his leg. How much are we suffering. Its not so easy to bear the pain. God will only have to teach these like Dr.Saravanan(ortho). He s graduated F.R.C.S from London. What s the use. He has used my husband as a test piece. Beware of such doctors. Dont think all doctors in Apollo are experts. There are exceptions. Find the background of this doctors. Finally its we who are at loss.
              I storngly agree. I had similar experience with Dr.Suri Narayanan (Ortho) in Apollo Hospital (Greams road, Chennai). We were told that this gentleman was performing some kind of surgery for Tamilanadu Governor as well. This gentleman doctor will not talk to patients/or relatives and he does not even know that he has to answer few questions that the patient might be having.
              Actually, in first place, we admitted our relative in Apollo through a common friend...later we came to know that he is an agent to Apollo hospital. Most of the times, when we could not even talk to Dr.Suri...we have to call this "agent" who in turn will talk to the doctor and relay the answer back to us. We then just realized that he must be an agent and some employees are also confirmed that.
              Not just doctors, but the employees are also not doing their jobs on time. When I gathered some details, one of the employee told that the employee (i.e. nurse and room attendant) & patients ratio is very less due to which one employee has to attend ~20 patients which is near-impossible for a human being. They are being asked to overwork most of the days due to which their personal life gets miserable and they are very impatience to patients which ends in very poor quality of service.
              We originally decided to go to Pallava Hospital (Ashok Nagar) and Dr.Selva is one of the experienced and kind doctor.
              This is about MURALIDHaR RAJAGOPAL (dermatalogist) APollo greams road, and adayr...He is really a psycho doctor. God will kill him.

Apollo Hospital, Greams Road, Chennai Recent Comments

• Pharmacy overcharge
                  We asked for 3 month supply of foracort 200...

• Cradle
                  My daughter gave birth to son in apollo cradle....

Apollo Hospital, Greams Road, Chennai alternatives