Chennai Traffic Police

Chennai Traffic Police Complaints & Reviews

beat05
Sir, on day to day basis we face heavy traffic jam at basin bridge, can any solution be made, there are people who have to travel distance via basin bridge and those to have to take their connection from mint bus stand which is difficult. Please which ever way possible to reduce the traffic (Easy the traffic jam) so that people do not have to stand and push and accidents being occurred. Hope the in-charge consider the public situation and solve this issue at the earliest.
Complaint comments  Add a commentComplaint category Public Transportation

darshansj01
    I am a student. I was driving a two wheeler when a police caught me.
    The incident was " i was in a hurry to drop my friend to chennai central railway station, i was about to go in way where only mtc busses are allowed and at that time a traffic police called me. So i stopped and went near him. He said me to see the board that only mtc busses are allowed, then instead of leaving me he asked for all the details of mine and when he found all the details to be correct he threatened me to put me in a case of breaking the law and charge a fine of 1500rs (While i din't break any law). After few moments when i argued that i din't break the law then he threatened me to put some more cases on me. When i became silent, he asked me to pay as much as i can. Finally he took 100rs from me and left me. While leaving i noted his vehicle number.
    Vehicle registeration number is: tn 18 1099.
    Location: chennai central railway station signal.
    Complaint comments  Add a commentComplaint category Police

Kalyanasundharam Annadhanam
      Sir, I am a resident of multi-storeyed residential building Coromandel Towers. I move in and out of the building on various errands and return using Chetpat Bridge to reach the Poonamalle High Road, new name Periyar EVR Salai. Traffic flows constantly from Pachiappa College and other and cross Ega theatre at a good speed. We residing in the building have to be cautious to cross into left-side of the road to get into the building and we find it very risky. MTC buses, trucks and mini vans and cars and autos and two wheelers zip by. Worse is two wheelers and autos come from Kilpauk Hospital New Hope Hospital, though it is one way. At times traffic vehicle is seen parked but this danger persists.
      Metro people have put a divider which further restricts movements of vehicles and in fact helps autos and two wheelers to come in the opposite direction.
      Prayer is to traffic light may be lit up to allow vehicles taking a right turn more especially people like me living in residence after Indian Bank.
      I feel it would be great help.
      Complaint comments  Add a commentComplaint category House, Apartment Rental

Chennai Traffic Police — Demanded bribe

rajkiranalla
        I was riding my bike, which is of karnataka registration, along with my friend, on the connecting road from ecr to sholinganallur...
        Complaint category Motorcycles & Scooters

Sanchita Dutt
        Hello Sir, This is to draw you attention to this very difficult crossway..at Koyembedu right opposit Maruti Servicing Center...There is a Govt Children School and Prescool too accross the street..Bhaktavachala St...there need to be traffic police from mor 9am uptill 3pm..Morning time sometimes thete is but afternoon time no one...Have just witnessed an accident too..while crossin that road..its a nightmare daily...Please help and make some arrangement..Thankyou..
        Complaint comments  Add a commentComplaint category Other

mukesh12527
          Iam mukesh staying in villivakkam, today 15/3/2016 at 11:30am, i went to adayar, chennai. for some personal purpose, while crossing the board a traffic police caught me for traffic violation for crossing the signal by bike... a police man came and caught me andd took my bike key and he said to meet his seniour police.. his name is T.LOGANATHAN.. he asked my details and said to pay rs. 100 .. so i gave the money and he dropped it in his patrol...(patrol no. tn 01 g 4682) then i asked for bill . he said to wait and he got another fine amount from a person and do the same.. then again i asked for bill. he said that he is not having the machine.. i asked without machine how you can fine me.. i should show to my parents so i need the bill.. then he said that you go the the police and say my name and get the bill.. is it my duty to go to police station.. its a type of corruption .. government should take act on him..
          Rash driving

vehicle number tn 09 bz 7116 ashok leyland style ls 8 seater maxi cab, very rash driving causing danger to other road users, and very rude and talks nasty when we spoke to him.

This was happened at porur madhanandapuram around 4.30pm today 11/07/2017.

Hope police takes action on this ruthless driver.
          Complaint comments  Add a commentComplaint category Police

Chennai Traffic Police — Getting Fine amount more than the rule

Mohamed Rilwan Bathusha
            Today dated 10/02/2016 I juz take a u turn it was my fault only the traffic police caught me I also stopped at the place....
            Complaint category Police

Elumalaibanumathi
            Respected Sir

We report this to you for information and Harassed me by a Traffic police personnel at TTK Road.

I'm Mrs. Banumathi Elumalai Residing at Gopalapuram Chennai-86

On 6th Feb 2016 around 11.30pm we were on our way back home from Appollo Hospital – CP ramasamy Road Via TTK Road with my Husabnd and Daughter . After an Emergency Consultation regarding my daughter's health.

We were stopped by the Traffic Police Man one Mr.Punniya Moorthy near Music Acadamy Junction to checked and demanded our Id and other documents, which were furnished to him.

However for no reason inspite of explaining the circumstance of our visit to hospital for emergency reason
            With proof he delayed us and we are standing on the road for nearly an hour and also he seized my Husband's Money Purse, Advocate Id card and driving licence and detained us.

We Insisted the Presence of any responsible higher official to Investigate his unreasonable misbehavior and returning of our documents seized by him.

His ulterior motive was to flees money from us was not entertained which made him report us wrongly to the control Room higher officer over his mike

Only when we had the presence of an Inspector – Law and Order from Royapettaha Police station – our matter was sorted out .
            We report this to you for information and prevent Innocent passenger's and public being Harassed by police personnel in Future

And also request to Investigate the above matter.

Kind Regards

Banumathi Elumalai
            Gopalapuram
            Complaint comments  Add a commentComplaint category Law & Civil Rights

Kango
              Sir, I am a resident of Veeraperumal Koil Street, Mylapore, Chennai - 600 004, during peak hours, lot of vehicles are plying through this street and the due to the temporary/permanent flower vendors in the street causes heavy traffic and the commuters could not able to pass through this street and it is very hardship to lead day to day and it is also very difficult to reach the office in time. Hence it is requested to take action immediately and to remove those flower vendors occupied the street at all times. Kindly do the needful.
              Complaint comments  Add a commentComplaint category Business & Finances

Sindhu V N
                We are residing in the gurushev street of satyamurthy block, jafferkhan pet. There are some fast track driver tenants who lark their cars abruptly in every corner of the road which prevents the school van and tucs lorry to take turns. Added to this ration shop area is filled with mixture machines and tractors which they starts by 10 in the night creating sound pollution for the nearbys. Kindly put some no parking boards or tow the vehicles without any mercy. There is a transformer in this area which these local residents are using to dump wastes. On complaining to corporation officer he cudnt bring his lorry to clear the wastes because of this travels and mixture machines. Dont these fast track people have no money to buy and park their cars? Dont show any mercy to them. Illegal activities such as drinking, prostitution, drugs are happening here in the shades of all these vehicles after 6 soon the ration shop got shut. Kindly do something to clear all these vehicles we need our road back.

Travels car parking and mixture machine,   tractor  etc parking in front of ration shop
                Complaint comments  Add a commentComplaint category Motorcycles & Scooters