[Resolved] Airtel — Airtel post paid GPRS charges
I was using the Airtel prepaid service for past few years.. One day there is a call received from Airtel Executive stating that there are several benefits by switch over from prepaid to post paid interims service with the same expenditure which is accruing approx Rs 300 as prepaid.
Phone no : [protected]
Package mentioned as shown below
Bill plan name : Ultra 299 plan
Monthly rental : Rs 299
SMS : 600 local and national SMS free
Talktime : 600 local airtel to airtel mobile free
Mobile 2G : 1 Gb free
Dynamic Credit limit : Rs 500
Date of activation : 27-Mar-2013
Date of bill Generation : 12 Apr 2013
Amount of Bill : Rs 4628
I had very good experience with prepaid service for past many years and felt that it will be good to switch over to post paid as explained by Airtel executive.
At the time of contacting airtel executive towards post paid migration from prepaid, I thought of switch over to post paid after one month due to following reasons
• I already recharged Internet data of 2GB few days back
• I already recharge 300 SMS pack
• There is talk time balance,,
However Ariel executive suggested migrate to post paid immediately as I am not going to loose any benefit of prepaid charge and assurance made following assurance made.
• Data of 2GB provided first month bill and there won’t be any additional changes for GPRS usage till 2 GB for first month bill
• Left over talk time balance will get transferred from prepaid balance to post paid balance.
Based on the assurance given by Ariel executive, I agreed to migrate to post paid and submitted concerned documents on 23th Mar 13 and activated the connection on 27th Mar 13.
Surprisingly I got the first month bill for 12 days only with the bill amount of Rs 4628.
Airtel post paid service is cheating the customers with wrong promises and putting in the loop of getting higher GPRS changes without customer knowledge..
Towards GPRS usage they have charged Rs 4418.00for the usage of less than 1 Gb.
As per the bill used only 0.674 GB ( 707260 kb) and calculated as per the prorate basis for 12 days eligibility data.
I would have happy used my 2Gb data which was already charged at the time of connection which was cost around Rs 250..
My concern is
1. Neither they have put 2 GB data plan nor they have transferred the 2GB data as promised by Airtel executive. Instead they have transferred only Rs 280 amount towards 2GB internet of prepaid change to facilitate them to make higher bill. I have made several mails and it has not resolved yet.
2. When there is a dynamic credit limit of Rs 500, why there is no intimation and also why it is allowed to use beyond the limit.
According to TRAI Act 1997 - Credit Limit for post-paid subscribers, when the usage of the subscriber reaches the credit limit set a notice is given and a time limit is given for making payment lest the services are debarred. On the failure of the subscriber in making timely payment or the usage exceeding the credit limit, the services are barred. My connection was neither barred nor did i get a call from Airtel on reaching my credit limit, which is really shocking.
Answer I get from the airtel people as shown below
I asked 3 questions to Airtel people and got reply as sown below
We wish to inform you that as per our policy guidelines, we regularly review the credit limit set for your account. The credit limit assigned to your account is modified at regular intervals on the basis of your usage pattern, payment pattern and tenure on the network. Also, we wish to inform you that the credit limit benefit is always beneficial for the customer so that he can make more usage and did not get any interruption in his services. airtel regrets the inconvenience you have experienced in this regard.We hope that we have been able to assist you suitably.
3. Customer can not anticipate charges towards GPRS at any point of time for Airtel Post paid.
Airtel people are taking advantage of this gap to generate huge amount towards GPRS and I feel they are indirectly cheating many of the Airtel post paid customers like this.
1. I have already paid the all bill amount except the excess bill generation
2. My number has got disconnected
3. Also threatening me to pay the Due amount, otherwise they are saying that my other airtel connections which currently using by my family will be disconnected.
My alternate contact number is : [protected]
It is clearly indicating that Airtel business is getting direct profit by cheating by wrong promises and wrong bills.
Kindly requesting concern authority to look in to the problem and resolve the issue as early as possible,,
Also requesting concern authority to improve the current system to avoid such cheating by Airtel
Complaint marked as Resolved 2018-04-22 12:29:07
issue resolve long back.. Kindly remove this post from consumer complaints