Airtel DTH Services — Stopped Broadcasting Sports Channel

Meet Patel11
I have subscribed for Airtel DTH Services's 12 month package named Economy Sports 4 HD amounting to Rs. 3745. The time duration is from 14th Aug. 2012 to 14th Sept 2013. When I took this package, all sports were coming,but from today onwards they have stopped broadcasting all sports channels. When contacted Airtel Customer Care they told me that the company have revised their package and now extra charges should be paid to view these channels. When I took this package no terms and conditions were shown or discussed with me and now they are telling that they have send messages to all customers. I have not received any message from airtel. And why should I pay them extra money when I have taken yearly Subscription.
Complaint comments  3 Comments     Updated: Share0Tweet0Share0

Related Complaints

[Resolved] Airtel - balance deduction [696]

[Resolved] Airtel - call details [342]

[Resolved] Airtel - SIM Activation [208]

[Resolved] Airtel - Sim Block [167]

[Resolved] Airtel - MNP [110]

Comments

Yes, this is the main problem..Everybody is subscribed heavily to so and so packages and left with no scope for a change for fear of losing money. Nothing can be sure. Here, most of the people are above the Rs250 / month pack and we are getting the basic channels plus some unwanted channels.
I am subscribed to South economy Sports pack and from today Im getting only ten sports channels & DD sports plus one new sports channel Trace..nothing else in sports. Then in addition to that I dont have any English Movie channels also, but still they are debiting my account with Rs 10.31, thats more than Rs 300 / month. But there is a little hope that i could change the service provider since i pay for only 1 month at a time, whatever be the offer.
Even I have same issue.
I'm also facing the same issue. There was no notification from Airtel on this, no SMS, no calls. I dont understand how they can suddenly change the package that they have taken and without notice. I'm trying to call customer service, but lines are busy. They keep calling you for feedback, and keep sneding messages for various reaons, but it comes to increasing prices or changing packages, no news. Awesome customer service.

+91 11 4266 6500 [Head Office]