[Resolved]  Airtel Services — Airtel Jokes Service - Activated by OBD

I am using Airtel Prepaid number for the past 2 years.

For the last 3 days I have been charged Re.1 for the Jokes Service. (23,24,25/Nov/2009)

I had not subscribed for any of the services. When I called up customer care to know about the details, the response from customer case executive was not good.

He told me that, it has been activated through OBD. But I dint accept any service from OBD, usually disconnect whenever i get a OBD call without hearing.

You could think that this case usually happens as subscriber says he has not activated, even if he activated himself.

If I accept that this service is activated through OBD; as per TRAI guidelines dated 4th September 2009, the subscriber cannot be charged unless the operator receives consent from subscriber via telephone/fax/E-mail/SMS.

But no consent was received from me.

I am not giving this complaint because I have lost Rs.3, its because it hurts many low balance subscribers.

Many subscribers get frustated and switch out from Airtel.

Such OBD compliants happens mainly in Caller Tunes.

I need proper explanation on OBD activation and want to know which content provider has charged me.

If possible the my amount can be reimbursed.

I want explanation about the poor response from Call Center Executive.

(I called on 25th Nov 2009 at 11.30 P.M)

Expecting revert ASAP to my mail id naveen.[protected]@hotmail.com.

I can provide the TRAI guidelines document if required.

Once I get the revert, I will disclose my contact details.

Naveen
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

truly agree

19586