Show menu
FAQ FAQ Categories Categories Sign in Sign in

[Resolved]  HDFC Bank — Account Payee cheque cleared in wrong name

I have a savings account with HDFC Bank.
I had a cheque received account payee (crossed) in my name drawn and i deposited (on 15th June 2008)it in hdfc Malad Link road near mindspace branch atm. by mistake in filled the credit card no. of my brother in the account no. column. the card is in suspense status as my brother has closed the card.
Instead of rejecting the deposit slip or sending the cheque back, the branch did not inform and cleared the cheque in the suspended credit card. After about two weeks, i realized that amount is not yet reflected in my account. When i called phone banking for two three days, I came to know that the amount is transfered in the credit card as I have filled the credit card no. in account column. After following up with bank and credit card division for around a month, now they are saying that the amount cannot be transferred to my account, Instead it would be sent to the person with credit card on his credit card mailing address. The credit card is suspended card and hence the address is of old company. The address of the suspended credit card cannot be changed according to the bankThe bank is not ready to correct the in-correct transaction they have done and are instead trying to solve the mattery by asking if the person with credit card is my relative.
The person in clearing department is giving excuses that the cheque was cleared as the surname of the credit card holder matched with the account holder.
The credit card division and bank people both are calling me and giving contradictory statement. The bank is saying that amount would be transfered to my account and credit card division is saying that they can give a demand draft in my brother's name.
The behavior and excuses from hdfc bank has been extremely unacceptable and interests of customer are simply overlooked.
Was this information helpful?
Yes (0)
Aug 13, 2020
Complaint marked as Resolved 
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet


I Dropped The Cheque for Rs 434 issued to Standard chartered bank in your bank's drop box. My a/c no in ur bank is [protected]. kindly arrange to return the cheque Urgently.
Ajay Srivastava

Post your Comment

    I want to submit Complaint Positive Review Neutral Comment
    HDFC Bank
    Customer Care Service
    Customer satisfaction rating
    HDFC Bank Phone
    +91 22 6160 6161
    +91 22 2498 8484
    HDFC Bank Address
    Branch 542, Trade World, A Wing, Ground Floor, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400013
    View Full Information