[Resolved]  Hyundai Verna — Coolant water leak and change of engine head / gasket

I am a passionate Hyundai Fan - having had an Accent for over 6 years and been with a Verna now for over 4 years having done some 30000 kms. Vehicles have always gone to Kun Hyndai - Kottivakkam, and having also enjoyed good service of their Emergency Services, I give good rating to Hyundai ....and in fact, put them on par with Maruti Suzuki. I on my side is a very careful and a passionate driver - do not even believe in hiring a driver [for my high level in an organization] for fear of all drivers riding on the clutch, lying 150 degrees on the driver seat and listen to music and just doing everything to ripping off a good vehicle [because they do not own it - but only drive!]

Just the otherday, while doing a Tambaram - Manapakkam drive [about 16 kms drive] on the bypass road, returning close to the Porur bridge, I observed the AC not being effective at about 4 pm. I immediately brought the glasses down. I heard a wierd whirring noise --- only on car acceleration. That is when I found the car having heated up - the meter also had peaked and showed 'H'.

Immediately I pulled and parked the Verna on the side, also switched off the engine. Slowly, after some hours after cooling, I brought the vehicle to the office parking bay [just 4 kms away] to leave the vehicle there [any intervention near the v busy tollbooth was a difficult thing]. The emergency vehicle came and hepled me out an hour later. They found that there was a coollant pipe leak that has caused the damage - even to the Engine Head ... and that change of Head / assembly and the gasket kit etc could be well into a spend of Rs 70000!

Is this an unfair / fair deal????---- am I being ripped off for no major fault of mine??? ...... I would like to take redress on Hyundai and the service team [who till now have been doing their best].

Comments

I am also facing the same issue as you are. So I am thinking of going legal with the company itself.
what was the outcome of your issue. Did you got it repaired or did you fight legally or what? please let me know, probably that will help me as well.

Hyundai Motor India
    Hyundai Motor India Phone
    Hyundai Motor India Address
    5th & 6th Floor, Coporate One (Baani Building), Plot No.5, Commercial Centre, Jasola, New Delhi, Delhi, India - 110025