[Resolved] Railways — double charge for parking at Agra Cantt Station
I made the appended complaint to the railways on the 2nd of november 2011 which is self explanatory. Nothing has yet been done. On 30.11.2011 I again paid the double amount.
Today I got my car parked at parking stand of Agra Cantt. Railway Station at 10.15 in the morning and took it out at 10.40- just after half an hour. I was demanded Rs.20/- as parking charges by the contractor. Token number 004835 was given by him.
I knew charges for upto 4 hours are only Rs.10/-. I refused to pay and tried to lodge my complaint with the commercial officer at the station. Nobody was present there. I approached Shri Vijay Kumar Meena. Told my grievance and requested him for providing the complaint book. He tried to explain that unless I prove that the car was parked just before 30 minutes no complaint could be lodged. So many other advices in support of the contractor but the complaint book was not provided.
I had no alternative but to pay Rs.20/- to the contractor to get my car from there.
The following facts need your kind consideration:
1. There is no notice board at the stand specifying the parking fees. There should have been a conspicuous notice board.
2. The token given by the contractor- M/S Brij Infra Build Tech India (P) Ltd. has got only one line printed on it- Fees Rs.20/- for twenty four hours. It has no mention about the fees for less than 24 hours.
3. This loot of double the money fixed by the railways is continuing since long in connivance with the station manager of the station.
I request you to kindly arrange:
1. For refund of Rs.10/- taken from me forcibly.
2. For payment of compensation either from the contractor or from railways for the misbehaviour done and time wasted in all this chorus. The amount of compensation is left to your judgement.
3. Stop this open loot at the station by getting all fees printed on the token and by conspicuous display of parking fees boards at the stand.
4. Take action against the contractor and the station manager for this corruption with the public.
I shall wait for your kind reply."
Was this information helpful?
Aug 13, 2020Complaint marked as Resolved
View all 98 Reviews
Post your Comment
File a Complaint