[Resolved]  State Bank Of Hyderabad — Minimum balance in savings account

When all banks have a minimum balance of Rs 1000/- for a savings account with cheque book facility, why does SBH have a minimum balance of Rs 2500/- ? Can banks fix this amount unregulated and arbitarily ?

Comments

saving account — minimum balance

good afternoon

I am p.rama mohana rao ,A/c No [protected],sbi tadepalligudem branch,and my complient is in my account i didnot have minimum balance on last one year onwards................thats why they are cutting some charges ,accthually how much you charge if minimum balance are not their.how much they cut per month,they are cutting when i credit my accout that time they cut balance without any information how they cut.........monthly i am going to sbi bank in tadepalligudem they are not informing any thing..........plz inform me full detail about that plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz how much they cut per month.
How bad it is, the decision which was taken by the Management of SBH was irresponsible, how a person holding saving account to maintain 2500 minimum balance, is it possible in India. Once they have to think it is India, our earing capacity is very low. The main moto of a bank is to encourage the small savings, but here what happens, completely behaves like a private banks. How horoble thing they are deducting 100 rupees from the downtrodden people are much in India, still earing capacity is less than 5000 rupees for a month, how they maintain 2500 rupees for that. Be shame as an Indian

From

Indian
minimum balance for saving account with cheque book facility is Rs. 1000/-

is correct. more than this is wrong.
minimum balance of Rs.1, 000 for cheque book facility is acceptable not
a hike to Rs.2, 500. The increase in one way increases the revenues
of sbh by simply accumulating wealth for no cost. Please reverse
back to Rs.1, 000 with cheque book facility considering common man.
THEY SHOULD INFORM TO CUSTMER BY GIVENING A CALL ON THEY MOBILE OR THEY SHOULD SEND LETTER OR SMS
THIS IS TO-MUCH
Suddenly I came to know that my account Debited Rs 100... when I checked the statement it was for minimum balance although my bal was above Rs 2000 at that time...
SBH cannot charge min bal without informing the account holders.. they have our cell no./ email id / address at least they can inform us any of the mean...
I have email them trice regarding this but no response now I am going to bank the talk to them...
This is foolish thing. When I was opened a/c the minimum maintenance balance is Rs.1000/- How can increase minimum maintenance balance to Rs.2500/- without intimating. OK How can debut minimum balance charge Rs.100/- without intimating. This is commonsense to intimate to account holder by email or by telephone or by mail. If you are not intimating why you are taking all details while opening A/c. And govt. has to know how the people can attract to the govt banks if did like this and what is the difference between private banks and nationalized banks.
After a long back(1year), to day I went to SBH they deducted Rs 500/- towards minimum maintenance balance for 5 months. They telling published in news paper and customer should come to bank and should know about changes. Really i surprised for the banks action towards non maintainance of minimum balance amount in the account.
why dont they utilize postal department services to inform their customers regarding change. Hardly it costs for a post card.
Nageshwar
I was holding account with SBH from 2005 at same branch in hyd. after SBI has taken over, it started implementing min balance amount for my savings account. Funny thing is at my work place regarding the rent it says hyd as non metro and amount is less. For SBI my min balance should be 5k as it is under metro region. These management is fix for nothing, they want to show profits by increasing the min balance from people. where they dont have talent to improve the business. Going to quit the service from SBI. SBI is not great in providing superb service than private banks.

State Bank of Hyderabad Phone