[Resolved]  Vodafone — number activation and bad service

I had put in a request on 26th of DEC 2009 for my number [protected] at Vodafone store, (sector 11, panchkula, haryana) to be changed from post paid to prepaid . On 6th Jan 2010, I was given a new SIM CARD with the same number.
On 7th Jan 2010 after I cleared my past bills and done all other paper formalities at the Vodafone store (sector 11, panchkula, haryana), I was told that within 4-6 hours my number will be activated. After 7 hours when I call the Vodafone helpline from my Landline, they say that now it will take 24 hours for my number to be activated.
Moreover, when I call on helpline number 111( which happens to be toll free) from another Vodafone number, it says that "please press 3 for any other services". As soon as I press 3, the call gets disconnected and I am not able to talk to the helpline number to any of the customer care representative.
It is impossible to talk to the customer care representative by calling from a Vodafone number. The helpline service seems to be non functional.

Vodafone India