[Resolved] DHL Express India — customs charge levied on product

AntheaM on Jul 9, 2018
Briefly, I had ordered for modeling tools from Cerart (Italy), with a total charge of 100 euros (inclusive of 35 euros shipping).
It was most dissatisfying to realize that I had to pay an additional 4000 INR as customs charge to the DHL courier at my doorstep. As suggested by the courier person, I did speak to the customer service agent, who mentioned that a customs charge is levied on all items except documents.
The issue I have with this service is 1) Cerart did not make any disclosure on their website related to customs charge levied once on entry into India and 2) DHL did not make any mention of this charge during upload of my KYC documents.

I have previously ordered items from international countries and never been levied a customs charge. I am quite frustrated with the DHL courier service and do not recommend it in the future for international purchases.
Complaint marked as Resolved Aug 9, 2018

[Jul 09, 2018] DHL Express India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
DHL Express India Customer Care's response, Jul 09, 2018
Dear Customer,

Request you to kindly provide airway bill number and contact details to reach you at earliest.

801 A, Silver Utopia, 8th Floor, Cardinal Gracias Road, Chakala, Andheri (East), Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400099
    DHL Express India - customs charge levied on product