[Resolved] HDFC Life — breach of security, customer data is not protected and poor customer service

Padmanabhan MS on Dec 16, 2018

My unit statement was sent to my email id without password protection.
How can you breach/violate security, hdfc life is putting customer data on risk.
I already wrote to service@hdfclife.com, my query was not resolved.

Hdfc life keep asking me apologies but not addressing for the damage already caused to me.

Here is the email from hdfc life.

Subject: re:'hdfcsl=[protected]' policy no. 18148893
Dear mr. M s padmanabhan,

We refer to the concern raised against your aforesaid policy.

We apologize with the inconvenience caused to you.

We wish to inform you that due to technical glitch this issue has occurred and same has been forwarded to respective department.

Further, we take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback which allows us to serve you and other customers better. We assure you of our best services at all times.

In case of any queries, please feel free to contact us. We value your association with us and assure you the best of our services.

Yours sincerely,

Zoya khan
Service recovery - hdfc life

Note - dont close this case until you properly examine and resolve for the damage already caused.
Complaint marked as Resolved Jan 17, 2019

[Dec 17, 2018] HDFC Life customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
HDFC Life Customer Care's response, Dec 17, 2018
Hi, if policyholder have any unresolved issue with respect to your HDFC Life policy. Kindly inform to the customer that write to us at service@hdfclife.com from his / her registered id to have the same look into and addressed.
Updated by Padmanabhan MS, Dec 18, 2018
I wrote to service@hdfclife.com but no proper response.
Dont you have any other escalation point other than this generic email id? where some human take sensible action.
My data is on risk with HDFC Life.

+91 80 4279 1234 [Chennai]
    +91 22 6192 5700 [Mumbai]
    12th & 13th Floor, Lodha Excelus, Apollo Mills Compound, N.M. Joshi Road, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400011
    HDFC Life - breach of security, customer data is not protected and poor customer service