Highland Holiday Homes

Kodaikanal,TamilNadu.
Tel: +91 45 4224 2300; +91 45 4224 2301

View More Information...

Awesome

Highland Holiday Homes related photos (1)

Highland Holiday Homes Customer Care related pictures (1)

Highland Holiday Homes Complaints & Reviews

Anirudha Singh
My husband received a call on 19/04/2008 from these people where after answering 3 questions, he was told that he has won a free ft voucher worth Rs. 4500/- and we will have to attend a presentation at Ghakopar in the evening to avail of that gify voucher.

We were curious and went to attend the presentation where the marketing guys told us about this time-sharing holiday subscription package. We were told that this is at par with Club Mahindra package but at very low price. We could avail a 7-night holiday at any of their resort/affiliated hotels (5-Star rated) during a year. We will also have free access to Country Club. And MOST IMPORTANTLY, if we did not wish to go on a holiday, we could sell it back to the company at the rate of Rs.1500 per day which the company would promptly pay to us. The cost of 10-year subscription was Rs.53, 500/-.

We evaluated the cost benefit and felt it was a decent deal and signed up for it by paying through credit card.

Now, we are not allowed access to any club as promised by them. The hotels affiliated to them are below the standards of any normal hotel. On top they are saying that if we do not wish to go on holiday, we only will have to find a person to whom the holiday will be sold.

We wish to cancel this subscription, but we are told its non-cancellable.

PLEASE HELP US OUT OF THIS TRAP!!!

One of my frieds was duped with 25000 with same promises. The clause on paper were however different and my friend mistakenly signed it.
But we have approached a lawyer and he told us - it is illegal to tag a service as NON-CANCELLABLE and NON-REFUNDABLE when you are actually not using their services. We are filing a case in Consumer Court for this in coming week.

Prateek
Hi, my friend too has taken membership with Holiday homes for 5yrs, similarly the things which were explained by them was not at all applicable.. moreover by the time we've planned for a trip they ask us to pay utility charges similar to charge of accomodation. Its all fake. Dont anyone get fooled with HIGHLAND HOILIDAY HOMES.
I have been duped by them as well. I am planning a consumer complaint for the same
Complaint comments  Add a comment

Highland Holiday Homes — fake gift voucher [Resolved]

deepika
    they have called me that i've been selected for a gift voucher worth 7000/- i went to collect it at the venue(I.H.R.S.A.)...

Harcharan Singh Shangari
    Dear All,

I bought a holiday pacakge from this company for 5 days every year last year. I could not make up to go on leave. I thought i should opt for second option to rent out my package for this year and for next year. Now i got surprised, which was never informed at the time of buying this package. Now Company says you need to "activate" it first to rent out it.

Further i got some free package as a complimentary, which when i asked they say the place of holiday resort is not available as it their season. In the meantime package time which was one year has expired.

When i asked them to cancel my membership and repay my money. They said this is not possible at all. As it is irrevocable etc etc.

Please get me my money back with 24% interest.

Thanks & regards

Harcharan Singh Shangari
    hello Mr. Harcharan,
    we have also purchased the package for 10 years, 7 days and 8 nights. we are about to go a holiday. i m scared after reading ur complaint. Just wanted to know that have u got ur money back. or if we encounter same problem can we have our money back? Please reply, we r waiting. thanks a lot.
    Dear Jyotiji,

You will need to fight with this out at the consumer court(CC) and get your money out. Money, you will get for sure as I know of many people who have got their money back. I'd paid Rs.17900/- in June'08, and finally I decided to take this up with the CC. I've filed a complaint with them about a week back and my first hearing is tomorrow, 4th July'09. If you have already paid these people there is little but to go and plead with the CC to get your money back. I can help you with the procedure in case you are interested.

Best regards,