[Resolved] Hyundai Motor India — Frequent discharging of car battery
I am having Hyundai i20 Asta, .Automatic/petrol (Vehicle no: KL02BL1144)car, which I bought on December 2019. so far the battery has gone totally discharged for 3 times. I had to call the road side assistance all three times to get it started by jump start.
My car's battery is depleting out of charge even if I am not starting it for not more than 3 days. Last incident happened on 28 May 21 and I requested road side assistance to get my car started by jump start.
On the same day I contacted UTKAL HYUNDAI Dealer, Opposite Sainik School plot no. 4706/ 5851 Bhubaneswar for service assistance on frequent discharging of battery. My booking was done against booking reference ID 20210602. I received a message regarding same through WhatsApp also. Booking was confirmed for 02 June 21 1000 hrs.
In accordance with the booking schedule I went to the service center with car and was informed that view lockdown EXIDE service care(my car is fitted with Exide battery) is not available now and they couldn't help me out. They informed that being the battery is provided by some other company they couldn't do any services on that also.
i have the following concerns based on above scenario.
1. If you quote that the items fitted in car are from different company and in any case of servicing of those items I have to contact the company directly, then why should Hyundai keep a service Centre and name it as Hyundai service Centre.
2. I paid money to Hyundai for purchasing my car and Hyundai is obliged to take care of all services/complaints of my car.
3. lockdown is equally affecting all and because of that only I preconsulted the service center before going their directly. i am a serving medical officer and my absence from duty at this pandemic is undesirable.
4. If your service center is fixing an appointment for consultation, they are obliged to be ready to manage the complaints which the customer has raised. in my case, I clearly explained the problem to the dealer contact person through phone before confirming the appointment. however he didn't contact the Exide company service Centre to confirm their service on the booking date and time. he had to call me to the service center with car to give a call to the Exide dealers for their consultation.
5. I have even called the Exide customer service directly for assistance and are not responding.
6. it has been only one year and 5 months since I purchased my car and have faced this complete discharging of battery thrice without any reason and had to call road side assistance every time to jump start the car.
7. This frequent problem is hampering my daily life routine especially in this pandemic situation.
8. I have raised this issue to Hyundai service center when and all it happened and they were reassuring me saying that it is normal.
I view of the above I humbly request to look into my issues and repair/replace the battery as early as possible.
Was this information helpful?
Jun 2, 2021Complaint marked as Resolved
Dealer contacted me telephonically and informed that a temporary battery be provided for the time being and my battery will be taken for repair/replacement. i have been assured that view lockdown Exide showroom/service centers are not functioning and a new battery/repaired battery will be provided as early as possible. satisfied with the customer service.
|Add a Comment||ShareTweet|