Hyundai Motor India — Rat bite on petrol pipe

Bangalore South, Karnataka, India
 Vijay Simha J

This is about a serious concern regarding quality of petrol pipe being manufactured for new cars. I own a elite i 20 asta petrol variant and i seriously frustrated with rat bites on my cars fuel pipe, this is the fouth time i am facing this issue. Atleast in future change your material to build the petrol pipes instead of rubber pipe. I tried several things nothing worked to keep the rats away from it.

Comments

I'm facing the exact same problem in the exact same car! It's happened to me twice in a span of two weeks! What's the solution to this?
Hello, it happened with me twice now. Not sure if it's the quality of wiring or they just keep attracting rats. We have other cars parked in the same area and nothing happens to them. I am trying to get rat mesh installed however Hyundai service centre doesn't have any info about how to fix it. Have to get this done now through another mechanic.. disappointed with lack of solutions and unable to address a repetitive problem.
I had a nightmarish experience. After starting the car and getting on to the road, the car started stalling and people on the road shouted pointing to something flowing down. It was petrol and somehow I managed to get the car back safely. Upon taking the car to workshop, I get the feedback about 'rat biting the hose!!!' It's not covered under warranty and insurance and I am forced to shell out the amount for replacement. Very surprising that so many cars are parked in and around my covered parking space and rat bites only Hyundai car's petrol hose. This has to be taken up with Hyundai people for fool proof solution. It is a dangerous development and can lead to disastrous consequences. Will Hyundai people look into the same and take remedial actions immediately?

S.Anantharaman - Hyundai XCENT owner
The same experience I also had, After starting the car (Grand i10 2016 model) I observed suddenly something flowing down the bonnet. I saw the petrol was gushing out of the pipe & immediately stopped the car and asked my family to get out for the safety. It was really embarrassing moment in front of the family. Will Hyundai is going to take some action after so many complaints...???
I had the nightmarish experience. After starting the car and getting on to the road, the car started stalling and people on the road shouted pointing to something flowing down. It was petrol and somehow I managed to get the car back safely.

The fix is even more nightmarish. They did not have the fuel hose part anywhere available in Chennai and making me wait for a week for the fix.

They should take this into account for a better car design as this poses a huge risk.

I think only on a fire accident they would take notice.
Same problem with my I20 car, 3 times in 6 months. I kept rat poison also, but no use.
Same problem with my new i20 Asta CVT bought 5 weeks back and second time to fix the leakage issue. Seems to common for new cars, what say? Any pointers, direction would give me some relief.
I am having Hyundai i10 Magna 2008 Model, i am also facing same problems and this is the 4th time i am facing this issue, Very surprising that so many cars are parked in and around my covered parking space and rat bites only my Hyundai car's petrol hose
I had the same issues with Grand i10. In two week, I had two time. They charge around 2900 rupees to replace it. We need to spend around day with them.

Manufacturing should change the normal pipe!
Same issue happen with my Elite i20 Asta. I am frustrated ..what to do iam not understanding.5 times happened to me in last 5 months.
Same issue, it costs 5k, what the hell is this, can't they use different materials instead of rubber, hyundai why are you not taking it seriously, or you reimburse the charge.

I faced the same problem with my I20 Sports variant car. Hundai not taking any action on it. very sad.
I also experienced the same problem with my i10 Grand.

One of my friend said that Rats or Bandicots are very inflicted to Petrol/Diesel, it gets intoxicated and that's the reason they drink petrol/diesel.

Please put some Turmeric powder beneath the Car, so that Rats will not come near the car.
same issue..i20 asta new car..rat bite on petrol pipe

5th & 6th Floor, Coporate One (Baani Building), Plot No.5, Commercial Centre, Jasola, New Delhi, Delhi, India - 110025
    Hyundai Motor India - Rat bite on petrol pipe