[Resolved] ICICI Prudential — Fake calls for policy numbers

Navi Mumbai, Mumbai City District, Maharashtra, India
 Jkala
I got a call from a company which mentioned I have a bonus of 83000 rupees and that is being credited to the agent who helped me get this policy. I received this call from the number [protected].<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> The name of the person was Avinash Sarpotdar. He mentioned he is an employee of ICICI prudential life insurance, Prabhadevi branch. He also mentioned that he needs to get a cheque of Rupees 20000 from me to relaease the bonus of 83000 rupees, which is locked by Agent id. He mentioned that I would get a token from ICICI prudential, which would be a number to release a letter from ICICI prudential. In all probability this is a fake call, but I would like ICICI to secure strict action is taken and no other policy holder is tricked in the same way. he mentioned this was a secret group within Icici prudential and no emails or documents were generated for the same. ICICI Prudential needs to ensure data privacy for Customers !!!
Complaint marked as Resolved May 29, 2017
ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Customer Care's response, Apr 28, 2017
Dear Jkala,

Request you to share your contact details for us to get in touch with you.

Team ICICI Pru Life
www.iciciprulife.com

Comments

I have received 2 calls. He has all the details of my insurance. I do not know how?!! The latest one is from number [protected]. I am sure this is an untraceable number and such calls are only going to increase over a period of time. Is there a way we can provide these fake numbers to someone within a specified period of time and they can be caught?
Any thoughts on what ICICIPru/ Insurance industry/ police department doing to handle this.
Dear Suraj,

We have received reports that unauthorized individuals posing as official representatives of the company or regulatory contact customers for pitching new policies. We request you to be cautious and not share your personal details with unauthorized individuals who pose as official representatives of the company or regulator.

We are committed to protecting your privacy and have taken reasonable steps to protect the confidentiality of the personal information you have furnished to us http:/Www.Iciciprulife.Com/Public/Others/Footer-privacy.Htm

to enable us to investigate on the issue we would request you to share your policy number with us by contacting us on[protected] or via e-mail at [email protected]

ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
I got call from [protected] and said that I am a nominee on a policy #11452528 which is about to lapse. I need to pay the defaulted payments to get the policy amount or else the policy will lapse and only ten percent of the premium paid will be refunded. After some argument he gave me another number [protected] of someone named GD Bakshi who he said is the CRM.
nkd363's reply, Aug 29, 2017
Dear Sir

I got the same kind of call from GD Bakshi saying I have to invest money in some policies so as they can release my lapsed policy...till last week he was picking my call but now both the nos. are switched off
Dear Sir
I have encountered the same kind of call from Mr. GD Bakshi and he said that he is CRM of ICICI Prulife, but in our case he told us that to get refund money from lapsed policy i need to invest nearly Rs.1.00 Lacs in company called New India Life and HDFC Life, now I have invested the said amount in those company but i haven't received the same

Radha Kumari
ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Customer Care's response, Sep 1, 2017

Dear Radha,

Request you to share your contact/policy details for us to get in touch with you.

Team ICICI Pru Life
www.iciciprulife.com
I got call from [protected] and [protected] and said that I am an ICICI Prudential policy holder of policy #16105737 which is about to lapse. I need to pay the defaulted payments to get the policy amount or else the policy will lapse and only ten percent of the premium paid will be refunded. After some discussion she gave me another number +91-[protected] of someone named KN Sahaney who he said to be Manager in Mumbai Branch.

1089, ICICI Prudential Life Tower, Appasaheb Marathe Marg, Prabhadevi, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400025
    ICICI Prudential - Fake calls for policy numbers