Idea Cellular — upc code not being generated

North Solapur, Maharashtra, India
 Abhijit Hingmire on Dec 21, 2019
I am user of idea service in maharashtra circle.

I am trying to port out from idea, i tried many times, but i receive message
"upc cannot be generated as the mobile number is not configured. Please contact service provider"

I tried with customer care and visit to store many times, no resolution.

During the same time, i was able to get upc code for my another number, i was able to port out.

I have already being struggling with bad service by idea on quality of network availability and also addressing customer request.

[Dec 21, 2019] Idea Cellular customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Dear Customer,

As per our recent communication, we've informed you that kindly share the screenshot so that we can assist you further.

Prajakta

Comments

I too have the same issue.. I have been getting the same message for last ten day I have been trying to port out..both the customer care and the store are clue less about it

Dear Customer,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We request you to provide us your Idea contact number for which the issue persist along with your alternate contact number to assist you further.

Prajakta
I am also facing exactly the same issue. The hacks that the Idea customer care representative suggested me did not fix the issue.

Prajakta
Hi there. I too am facing the same issue. Tried multiple times.
UPC cannot be generated as the mobile number is not configured. Please contact your service provider for further assistance.

I am getting this message.[protected]
Getting the same issue. UPC code cannot be generated for idea. Facing this issue since last 15 days but customer support is not helping at all. Sent multiple mails and visited the store many times but they have no solution.

I am able to generate UPC for Jio and Airtel. But i cannot generate UPC for Idea.

Even I am facing the same issue. Upc code cannot be generated.
My number is [protected]
I want to port my number from Idea but getting the following message

Please provide a solution to what I should do to port.
The same issue as porting code I am not able to receive,

My mobile no is [protected].

Please help me out.
Getting the same issue. UPC code cannot be generated for idea. Facing this issue since last 1 month but customer support is not helping at all. Every time customer care saying try after 4 hours. Sent multiple mails and visited the store many times but no luck and no solution
Idea doesn't even deserve 1 Star.

My mobile number is [protected] and I am a user of idea service in Delhi/NCR circle.

I am also facing so many issues with Idea networks and has raised many complaints to idea as well. Last time when I tried PORTing Idea customer Center guys told me to wait for 1 week the signals will get better and it happened 2 months back.
Now when I am trying to port the network again it says "UPC cannot be generated as the mobile number is not configured. Please contact service provider". I have attached screenshot as well.
I have been Idea customer from last 2 years and how can it say this when I told them I want to port.
I tried with customer care, no resolution.
This is really frustrating as currently, I am in a situation like when I am going to IDEA they are saying wait for some time and when I am trying to port It says not registered and this all happening when I am struggling for calls to receive and dial.
I have been using this number from the last 8 years so can't ever change.
Last option I am left with is Consumer Compaints portal. Hope this will help me.
The same issue as porting code I am not able to receive,

My mobile no is [protected]
Even I have same problem kindly resolve.

Anirudh Vargi's reply, Jan 9, 2020
My alternate number = 9030662447
My number is [protected] and is in Maharashtra circle and I am facing the same issue from the past 1 month. The customer care support and the idea store executives are useless as they keep giving the same reason “issue exists currently. Try again after 4 hours”.
I have been using this number for the past 3 years and I cannot change it now.

I am facing same issue for My Idea Number [protected] since December 2019.
I also facing the same issue in Up west

Suman Tower, Plot No. 18, Sector 11, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India - 382011