[Resolved] Indigo Airlines — mishandling of luggage and delay in compensation/settlement process

Bangalore North, Karnataka, India
 Prasasnth Raja Gnanasekaran on Jun 25, 2018
Booking reference/pnr : wgr8sd
Passengers : 06
Route : bangkok-kolkata-bengaluru
Date : 23rd of april 2018
Flight no: 6e-78/379
We have taken indigo airlines flight form bangkok to bangalore on 23/04/2018 (Change over at kolkata) and made check-in for 8 baggage at bangkok airport. When we reached kolkata, we found that one of our baggage (Out of 8) hadn't reached kolkata and was still at bangkok. Airport official at kolkata taken an complaint on this and assured that my baggage would reach with in 10 hrs to my residential address. Next day the airlines informed me that my baggage was sent over to bangalore (From bangkok) using spicejet airlines and asked to wait for a day. When i check the baggage status next day, the indigo airlines officer informed me that the baggage didn't reach bangalore form the above mentioned spicejet airlines and said that they were tracing the bag. After 15 days of waiting the airlines consumer relation officer declared my baggage as lost and looking to compensate for the loss based on the baggage weight (I. E. 220 usd per kg) as per their data out of the 8 baggage we had checked-in 7 baggage weighed 11kg each and my lost baggage was one of the them i. E. The lost baggage weighed 11kg. This data is completely wrong as all the 8 baggage we checked-in are of different sizes and had different weights and we even weighed all our baggage's at out hotel before we left for airport and the baggage which got lost weighed 19kg. I didn't agree on the baggage weights indigo airlines as it seems more kind of average weight of all 8-bags. The missed baggage contained all the cloths of my entire family (2 adults and a kid) for 7 day + all the shopping items we purchased over thailand, so logically and practically the weight of the baggage can't be just 11kg. I had sent multiple mails to all levels of airlines officers, but they didn't accepted my claim.
Will all doors closed, i was forced to accept their compensation of 20usd/kg and their airlines gift vouchers. Even after accepting their deal, the indigo airlines still haven't completed the settlement.
It's more than 2 months since i lost my baggage and still indigo airlines delaying my payment.
I'm not going accept their compensation now and want legal justice on the all the physiologically and financially troubles i have faced due to indigo airlines.
Complaint marked as Resolved Aug 2, 2018

[Jun 25, 2018] IndiGo customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
IndiGo Customer Care's response, Jun 25, 2018
Hi Prasanth,

We do apologize for this inconvenience. We have apprised the concerned team, please be assured they will assist you in the best possible manner.

IndiGo Customer Care's response, Jun 26, 2018
Hi Prasanth,

We are in receipt of your concern via email. Please revert on the same email I.D. for further clarification on this.

IndiGo Customer Care's response, Jun 27, 2018
Hi Prasanth,

We would like to inform you that our customer relations team is working on your concern and will get back to you. We appreciate your patience in this regard.

IndiGo Customer Care's response, Jul 02, 2018
Hi Prasanth,

We believe that one of our representatives has contacted you and was able to address your concern. Please be rest assured that we always remain committed to assist our passengers in the best possible manner.

Comments

I won't take/accept whatever compensation you are going to provide now.
How are you going to take care of all the issues I have been going through due to your delay?
There was not even a single call from your side to hear my issues/concerns, is this how you treat your customers?

I need proper justice and corresponding actions on this regard, until then I'm not going to withdraw my compliant and accept your compensation.

Prasanth
My e-mail id : [email protected]
I still haven't received any response form Indigo Airlines either by call or mail.
This is why I claim Indigo Airlines as "unprofessional/inefficient".
They really don't care about the customers.
Airlines had just transferred the compensation amount through NEFT yesterday.
As I had mentioned on my previous comments, I really won't accept your settlement without any proper actions/compensation on the delay you have cost to me.

Will your Airlines accept any delay in payments for tickets form the customer and why the same should you do to the customers?

I really need a call from one of your officers to give proper explanation on the delay and corresponding actions/compensations.

Until then, I won't close my compliant(on any of the consumer forums).

Also they failed to send me the Airline vouchers which is part of the compensation.

Indigo Airlines - mishandling of luggage and delay in compensation/settlement process