[Resolved] Mahindra And Mahindra — tuv 300 starting problem

askang
I own a tuv300 t8 amt since 13 april 2015. I purchased this car with utmost excitement and i had always liked it since launch. But now i think purchasing this car was a wrong decision and i have committed a blunder.
My car was a week older when its transmission started giving problems. Mid way in the road it used to stop responding. 2-3 times i had to take it to mahindra's service centre at speedlinks panchkula but they said all is well. It was finally they took it seriously when i dropped the keys and said i don't need this car, keep it with you. Then the problem was rectified.
Now i am facing starting problem. This problem is going on for the last 2-3 months. I got the car serviced for 30000 kms at snowview automobiles, baddi and told them the problem, but the problem was not rectified. Then i took it to speedlinks panchkula twice. The car was kept under observation for 3 days. Finally they told me that i have to press the brake pedal repeatedly before starting the car to create pressure and this has also not worked. But, does pressing every time before starting the car make sense? The problem could not be diagnosed. So this is the way out i am being told. Such unusual problems and the inability to diagnose and rectify them is shaking my faith in mahindra. I tried to contact mahindra through their group communications e-mail id and gm (Service) at speedlinks panchkula. I only got a call from speedlinks panchkula that my car shall be called to the service centre to rectify the problem. But nothing has happened so far. Now i am forced to take legal action in this regard.
Complaint marked as Resolved Feb 6, 2018

[Dec 28, 2017] Mahindra And Mahindra customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Mahindra And Mahindra Customer Care's response, Jan 02, 2018
Sir, please email us your contact and vehicle details along with your feedback to [protected]@mahindra.com or call us at [protected].

Mahindra And Mahindra Customer Care's response, Sep 03, 2019
Dear Sir, apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. Please mail us your contact number along with vehicle details to [protected]@mahindra.com or call us at [protected] to assist you better.

Customer Care Team

Comments

I do own a similiar vehicle and have done 38k. I have started facing similiar problem with regard to starting the ignition. At times, the vehicle would not start and makes loud gharrr gharrr sound but does not start. Then after waiting for some time say five minutes to fifteen minutes, I try again and it starts. I took my vehicle to Sri Durga automobiles, Moti Nagar, Delhi where I had got the services done. They suggest that this is to do with battery and I must change the battery but I wonder if this would resolve the problem. Can anyone suggest how to resolve this problem as Mahindra people are only making guess works.
Mahindra And Mahindra Customer Care's response, Aug 23, 2018

Hi Kamal, thank you for writing to us. Your details have been shared with the senior management of Sri Durga Automobiles, Motinagar to facilitate necessary actions.

Customer care team
naviaf's reply, Sep 2, 2019
Sir, was your problem resolved byb replacing the battery as suggested by the service centre? I am eager to know as I am facing similar issue with my TUV T8-AS which has merely done 16K kms now.
I have done 16K on my TUV 300 AS. Recently, I have started facing problem with regard to ignition of the engine. At times, the vehicle would not start and makes loud knocking sound with lots of vibration but fails to start. After few attempts or waiting for some time say five minutes, if re-tried, the engine starts. While browsing for the related issue on this site, I came across with a similar complaint from one Mr Kamal Arora dated 16th Aug 2018, where I could find that the probable cause as suggested by his service centre was "Faulty Battery". So is this the solution of such serious issue with a new vehicle? Can anyone suggest how to resolve this problem as Mahindra people are only making guess works.
GAURAV RAUT's reply, Nov 7, 2019
HAVE YOU GOT ANY SOLUTION??
i am facing the same problem with tuv3oo T8 model.Service centre people suggested to change the Battery so i changed it. But proplem is till there.not completely solved.
Mahindra And Mahindra Customer Care's response, Nov 10, 2019

Hi Gaurav,

Please mail us your contact number and vehicle details to [email protected] or call us at 18002096006 to assist you better.

Customer Care Team
I just went through all the complaints above and I am also facing the same problems...my car has barely done 30000 km and now my car has started giving me starting trouble...it would not start in one attempt...only after multiple efforts it wud start with lot of vibration and huge noise...as if it is a khatara ..::last week I paid 10000 for battery and one part...today I am going to pay 2500 for replacing other two parts...
Hopefully my problem would not occur again...I think Mahindra shud call back all tuvs and replace these starting motors which are causing problems...pls do reply me on [protected]@gmail.com or call me on [protected]...
Mahindra And Mahindra Customer Care's response, Nov 25, 2019

Hi Rajeshwari,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. We have forwarded your details to Mahindra Area Customer Care Manager who will get back to you to facilitate necessary action.

Customer Care Team
I am also facing similar issues with my TUV 300 T6+...we should file complaint against Mahindra as this seems to be an issue in all TUVs.

I am definitely filing complaint for this

I can be reached at [protected]...

Mahindra Towers, Media Cube, G.M. Bhosale Marg, Worli, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400018
    Mahindra And Mahindra - tuv 300 starting problem