Mcdonald's India — rejected order and failure to refund

I placed an order from MacDonald's through MacDonald's app and the payment was done through paytm. The order was cancelled by the restaurant because of roadwork, but no refund was initiated. When I contacted MacDonald's they said I'd have to contact paytm to initiate the refund, despite there being no fault on my side in this matter. After requesting help from paytm they asked me to provide proof for the cancellation of the order.

They didnt even take a look at the screenshot I attached in the first place (the one sent over by MacDonald's executive as the proof of cancellation). Even after sending the mssg for a second time, they responded saying that they would get in touch with MacDonald's executives and then initiate the refund ..

However when I logged back into paytm, then chat history was completely erased leaving me with no proof of conversation with the paytm executives and no updates regarding the status of my refund.

Neither MacDonald's executives are responding now, nor the paytm ones...
rejected order and failure to refund

[May 05, 2019] McDonald's India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Complaint comments  1 Comment     Updated: ShareTweet

Comments

Dear Anand,

We always ensure giving hassle-free experiences to our guests. We would like to inform you that you will be receiving the refund within seven working days from the day you tried placing your order. Feel free to get back if your concern isn't resolved within the specified time period.

Team McDonald's