[Resolved]  Oyo Rooms — Refund not giving - After making advance payment room booking not confirmed and payment error message shown in the app

On 26th Dec 2020 I booked 3 rooms at hotel Monsoon Meadows (Booking ID - MWCA7419, Check in 26th Check out 27th) and I have made the advance amount using my credit card. After making the payment the app was showing "Payment Error Message" but the money was deducted from my account. When i checked the app it was showing the same screen " Pay Now or Pay advance and book". The booking also not confirm that time in app. I was in hurry because my family (including 6 month child, we are already tired the time was 7.30PM) was needed a stay at the earliest . So I did'nt try again in oyo, one of my friend arranged a home stay. I thought the money will return back to my account as its a payment error. But after the tour i reached my home and checked the oyo app (27th night) the booking showing as confirmed. I ddint receive any email, SMS or Whatsapp confirmation from their side till now regarding the same. Then I canceled the booking and I got a cancellation mail from oyo, they said that the booking has cancelled and the cancellation charges are zero refund amount is Rs:1636. For confirming the same i have contacted their chat support but their executive denied the refund and he sent me an invoice for the same amount. i explained him actually what happen and told that it might be your app mistake so please refund my amount but that unprofessional person was not listening me and keep denied the refund. How pathetic people they are. He keep telling that as per cancellation policy they cant refund the money but its not related to cancellation its their mistake they are not given any confirmation when i booked the rooms. For cheating me they later confirmed the booking only in their app.
Jan 1, 2021
Got my money back...
Dec 28, 2020

OYO Rooms customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Dec 29, 2020
Dear Guest,

We understand how inconvenient it is and we would never want our guests to go through such experience. Rest assured, we'll get this checked and connect with you soon.

Team OYO
Dec 29, 2020
Dear Guest,

Our concerned team tried calling, but couldn't connect with you. Please share a feasible time or an alternate number for the same.

Team OYO
Dec 30, 2020
Updated by Shameerkr

I have replied to your email. Pls check.
Dec 30, 2020
Updated by Shameerkr

I got a missed call from you just now. Its not even completed a single ring. Just called and disconnected, after that i got an email stating that "We are trying to contact you on your mobile number, we have not been able to connect with you". I don't know what is your intention.
Are you really going to refund my money or not???
Dec 31, 2020
OYO Rooms Customer Care's response
We tried contacting you multiple times regarding the issues highlighted but our attempts were unsuccessful. We've sent an email to the registered email ID with the details. Kindly check the same. Do let us know for any other assistance. ~Dia
Dec 31, 2020
Updated by Shameerkr

Thank you for initiating the refund.

Comments

I just paid for my upcoming stay but my payment is not reflected on the OYO app.. Upon calling the customer care my call is automatically disconnected.

Hi Shameer, These guys do not understand a simple English.
All they know is to eat our Money.
Just get this escalated to the highest level.

OYO is nothing but a "JOKE" I'm sure you have not got a full refund.
Please read my Complaint as well to known their fraud.
My complaint - Oyo Rooms — Q0584298/Unhygienic rooms/Unprofessional support team

OYO Rooms