[Resolved]  Oyo Rooms — refund pending since 23-march

Hi Ritesh / Team Redalert,

I am writing in to you because your escalation team & its members are not at all helping.

23-Mar: I'm new to the city (Bangalore) and I booked a wrong hotel under booking ID=HYOZ0173. I explained my concern to you escalation team and Sarika_Saini_607857 advised me to book another hotel & the current booking amount will be refunded to you within 7-14 working days. She replied – “Modification is not possible so you can check out on 24th march 2019, the excess amount of Rs.3789/- will be refunded to you.” I did the same trusting the brand.

24-Mar: The same information for given to me by Neha_Rai_586521. “Modification is not possible so you can check out on 24th march 2019, the excess amount of Rs.3789/- will be refunded to you.”

05-Apr: 14 days passed away, but I haven’t received any update on my refund, so I replied on the same email asking about the status of my refund. Again Neha_Rai_586521 replied to me “due to some technical issue refund got declined so we have initiated again kindly wait for 7 to 14 working days”

9-Apr: I received an email from Neha_Rai_586521 asking about my bank details like -Beneficiary Name, Account Number, Name of the Bank & IFSC code and said that it will be done on priority. Shared the same over email.

12-Apr: I asked about my status again because as per dictionary meaning of priority is treated as more important than others. I received a reply from Akshanshu_Sharma_569171 stating in very unprofessional manner – “Please wait for some time and coordinate with your bank.”

16-Apr: I coordinated with my bank to check about the refund but they said no refund has been received so again I reached out to [protected]@oyorooms.com and received a reply from Aviral_Pandey_(WOP) – “amount has been declined from our side you will receive a link with in 24-48 hours to fill the bank details when you fill the bank details your amount reflect in your bank account within 7-14 working days”

It is almost a month now and I am chasing escalation team for my refund amount of Rs.3789. If you see my account I am a loyal customer of OYO Rooms & doing booking for more than a week. But if you receive such king of treatment from such a reputed brand like OYO – it feels really disheartening. In fact, I have recommended my company (Cadbury’s India) to partner with OYO rooms for corporate bookings, but I guess I need to rethink over my decision and ask my administration team to stop working with OYO. This is my last hope from OYO looking for a resolution. If you cannot help me, please do let me know.

I’m sharing my number to contact me if you have any queries.

Best Regards – Ankit Kakkar. (+91-[protected])
Complaint marked as Resolved Jun 6, 2019

[Apr 30, 2019] OYO Rooms customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
OYO Rooms Customer Care's response May 01, 2019 Hello Guest,

We never want any dissatisfactory experience for any of our guest. We'll get this checked for you.

Team OYO.
OYO Rooms Customer Care's response May 05, 2019 Hello Guest,

We hope you have received a satisfactory resolution to the issue raised. Please accept our apology and do give us another chance to serve you better in future.

Team OYO