Samsung India — service delay

RajeshSeal on Jan 3, 2018
Sharing the issue story line emailed to samsung...
Hi samsung team,

Wish you a very happy new year!

(It certainly wasn’t a happy beginning for our 2018, though!)

I am not the kind of person who would shoot random escalation emails, but meeting with utter frustration, i feel compelled to write this email.

On last friday, my samsung double door fridge broke down and i called up customer care in morning itself and registered a complaint. My request number is [protected]. A technician was assigned to my request as well. The proceedings after that is as below:

29th december - complaint registered and customer care executive assured me that technician will visit for inspection in evening. I was reassured twice about the timeslot, so i cancelled my evening plans. Come evening, i kept calling the technician - over 4 hours i must have called him 20 times - no response. No one came, no one bothered to call to reset expectations about visiting timeslot.

30th december - i called customer care in morning to enquire again. I was reassured again that the visit will happen for sure on 30th afternoon - (This time for double sure). This was followed by a call from pune service center (Number[protected] and they too reassured me that the visit will happen in the afternoon. Thus, we cancelled our plans for 30th too and waited…and waited.. And waited… no one came.. No calls.. And when we called customer care, it kept ringing and same with service center - it just kept ringing.

31st december - kept calling the service center and the technician – no response. No one picked our calls. No one from the customer care too even bothered to give us a status of our request.

1st january - called up customer care and the executive reassured us that she has escalated the request to ‘higher management’ and that the visit will happen for sure in 24 hours. She also said that someone from ‘higher management’ will call me to get details. Guess what - nothing happened!

2nd january - 24 hours crossed - still - no call - no visit. I called customer care again at night. I was reassured again that something will happen in 24 hours.. I don’t even care anymore what all he said in his apology and reassurance speech.

3rd january - i am too tired now, and calling customer care and service center has definitely not helped, so writing this email.

I am a bit disappointed at the delay in the visit but i understand that workload and request queues may delay visits. But i am utterly frustrated and disappointed at the way we have been given incorrect timeslots each time. We wasted 3 day new year’s weekend waiting for the promised visits. We cancelled and shuffled so many plans involving other family members and relatives. Had we known that our fridge will get no attention till 3rd jan, we could have planned our days otherwise.

Finally, please tell me what should we do now? Is there any hope for us to get the honor of samsung service center fellow paying a visit for our humble fridge? Or should we just toss our fridge down the balcony and buy a new one – not samsung for sure!!!

I hope you understand that this is a fridge - the most basic appliance for any city or village household. I can live without tv, i can wash clothes without washing machine. But, i cannot preserve or stock up food by blowing on it!!!

Thanks and please please do something about it.

[Jan 03, 2018] Samsung India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Samsung India Customer Care's response, Jan 04, 2018
Dear Customer,

Greetings from Samsung.

With the reference of your feedback regarding Samsung product, we sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you.

We wish to inform you that your complaint is acknowledged and our customer service team would contact you shortly for providing resolution to your complaint.

Thanking and assuring you our best services always.

Best Regards,