[Resolved]  Sobha Developers — sobha dream acres - refusing to refund booking amount

I had booked a unit 44142 under sobha dream acres on 26 august 2018 and had paid token advance of rs 30, 000.

The crm (Sophia glory) convinced me that i can pay a small portion of booking fee and in case i change my mind, it would be fully refundable. They initially insisted i pay the full booking amount which was 4 lakhs. I refused this because i was not sure if i will be able to get bank loan for such high amount and make the necessary financial areangemts. The flat cost was approx. 80 laks.

Due to financial constraint and after discussion with bank, very next day and confirmed to the crm (Sophia glory) that we were not able to go for the property and we needed the refund. From then until now, she has been avoiding my calls or not responsive at all to my msgs.in between, a few times she had called me to convince me to buy another property instead. After looking at the prices and checking my financial statsus, i confirmed to her again that it’s not possible and outside my budget. The crm (Sophia glory) is now not refunding the money. They are not even picking up my calls. They were just killing our time by giving silly excuses. First they said, i should have come back within 90 days. After i replied that i requested cancellation within a day, they said they are processing the refund. After that, no updates. They did not answer calls. No response. Now they are making excuses saying this was blocking among and not booking amount, hence they cannot return the money.

It’s very disappointing that such a reputed builder like shoba is begun cheating customers as well. At the time of first time visit, they convinced me to buy this apartment and pay the small fee and said, “in case i change my mind, they will refund”. Never should one believe builders. Request assistance on this please.
Complaint marked as Resolved Apr 24, 2019
I have finally received my refund in February 2019. The process took a while and needed constant follow ups. However, in the end the issue has been resolved. A suggestion for everyone is to keep everything documented and evidenced. I had messages from the person who sold me the flat. Also, always clarify whether booking fee, blocking fee, and down payments are refundable. There are many terms used interchangeably and you should ensure that for every penny you have invested, clarify before hand what it is for and will it be fully refunded under unforeseen circumstances.

[Nov 13, 2018] Sobha Developers customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Sobha Developers  Phone
    Sobha Developers  Address
    Sarjapur - Marthahalli Outer Ring Road (ORR), Devarabisanahalli, Bellandur Post , ., Bangalore, Karnataka, India - 560103