Tata Sky — Undue charges, horrendous services and misleading services
NNitish.Gupta on Jul 6, 2020
1) issue with tata sky box: on 3rd july suddenly one of the set top box stopped working and didnt show any power. Upon registering a complaint with the help line, i was told that the pin code 110088 is in a highly containment zone and hence the visit can be delayed. Absolutely fine, though on monday, 29th june, there was a tata sky visit that has happened for the installation of the tata sky binge and at that time the zone wasn't contained. Its quite unfair that for selling new services the containment zone case isnt applicable, but for complaints it is applicable. Moreover, even as per govt guidelines, the pin code has multiple blocks out of which 1-2 blocks are in containment zone and not the rest of the blocks and our block isnt in containment zone either. The registered complaint number is 1-26t14xsc. Even after getting the person to visit at home, the tata sky person said that the box adapter is faulty and isn't carrying a spare one and needs to visit again the next day. The csr team completed the issue without even noting the state and said that post the visit the issue is completed irrespective of it being done or not. Upon calling the person again, the person came up with an alternative adapter and then the box became faulty too. The person asked for cash payment for a 3 yr warranty box and upon refusal went back and the box also started working automatically without any concern. Today the box has again stopped working and i am feeling helpless knowing all the issues i have faced.
2) financial loss and potential identify theft: while installing the tata sky binge firestick, the service person didnt even validated about the amazon account and created a parallel account with my mobile number. This has blocked my amazon pay, amazon prime services which were already active and they didnt even realize this mistake. They are only concerned about whether the binge services are working or not and since the last 4-5 days, my amazon account is in inactive state with the amount in my amazon pay account blocked and my prime services going in vain. Upon connecting with the helpline the person said that they can't do anything about these losses. After spending numerous hrs on calls and emails with amazon over a week i have got this resolved finally, however i ended up with a deficiency of around 8 hrs of my precious work time to get this sorted.
3) harassment calls: since this morning, i have got 5-6 calls from the tata sky services department for explaining the services of binge and even after telling them multiple times that the experience is horrendous and not to call again, i have got 6 service calls already with no stoppage. I am not sitting idle and have no work and happy to attend so many calls. And upon complaining about the issue with my account that their service has caused, i am asked to call up the helpline. Really an awful experience. Also while requesting the helpline person to lodge a complaint for this, the person said that he can't lodge it and can only mention in the previous issue. Very unprofessional, and helpless situation with tata sky. I still get numerous calls for tata sky binge services in a day even after saying again and again that i do not want to talk about it. The binge team is relentless in harrassing me
4) account/pack information: when i called up the helpline, i was told that the multi-tv pack has ended. Upon checking with the agent, i was told that this is something which the customer has to own. It was such a horrendous experience, that for binge you are happy to call every half an hr even after saying no, but its so hard to even send 1 email to notify about the pack expiry etc.
5) on 29th june, the same day as the binge installation, someone added tatasky fun learn service to my account without my knowledge. Upon checking the transaction history today and calling up the helpline the person said that it's added by the dealer and i said that i havent approved or requested any such service and that's when upon escalating to senior people, i got the amount refunded for 30 rs. However to get this amount back i spent 36 min on a special number which itself charges 3/6 rs/min. This is something that tata sky should own as i wasn't responsible for adding this package and still got charged and forced to call the helpline to get this sorted, can share the snapshot of the calls too.
6) the my account section shows a very weird information where the primary box package info was showing a price of 757.93 rs which included a tata sky binge service worth rs 249 and a tata sky fun learn service worth rs 0. The transaction history showed a debit of 30 rs for a free channel and the 249 rs aren't getting charged but still the prices showing up are completely misleading. Upon checking with the helpline person, the person said that i need to understand it which is absolutely shameless as the tata sky team needs to make sure that the price showing up are the actual price getting charged for the month.
[Jul 06, 2020] Tata Sky customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Verified SupportTata Sky Customer Care's response Jul 07, 2020
Hi, that's not how it should have been. We have raised a service request to sort this and you'll hear from us at the earliest.
|Add a Comment Updated:||Share0Tweet0|