[Resolved] Yatra.com — fraudulent conversion of cash to 1 day validity coupons

Jessore Road, West Bengal, India
 shrutikedia on Jun 17, 2019
Dear Team,

On 3rd June 2019, I booked a ticket from Kolkata to Ahmedabad (for 11th June 2019) on the Yatra portal by paying INR 3940 from the card and 2500 via yatra voucher.
It was on 9th June 2019 that I wanted to reschedule the flight to 14th June 2019. Upon processing with the reschedule request, I was displayed a screen asking me to pay INR 4360 for processing the reschedule. I paid the same immediately, but to my surprise, my account was debited by INR 6860 instead of INR 4360 as shown on the payment screen. I immediately had a word with Yatra executive at around 2.30 pm wherein I was informed that there was a TECHNICAL GLITCH at their end and that my excess deduction of INR 2500 will be refunded within 2-3 working days in my bank account.
Today on 17th June, after the passage of 8 days, when I did not receive any refund, I checked with the yatra executives again.
To my utter surprise, they responded saying the refund has been processed as a coupon which comes with 1-day expiry and has already expired and we cannot do anything now.
This to me is a complete fraud. Due to their TECHNICAL GLITCH, I was charged exactly 2500 extra and the refund was in form of the coupon though the payment was from the account. If this continues, they can dupe people of any amount and then transfer to one-day validity coupons as per their convenience.
Please look into the matter urgently and request you to take immediate remedial action and save my INR 2500, please.

Complaint marked as Resolved Jul 22, 2019

[Jun 17, 2019] Yatra Online / YatraTrip.in customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Yatra Online / YatraTrip.in Customer Care's response, Jun 17, 2019

Greeting from Yatra.com!

We regret the inconvenience you faced. Request to kindly share your Yatra booking number for us to check and assist you. We are not able to get any details with the shared screenshot.

Updated by shrutikedia, Jun 17, 2019
My booking reference no. is[protected]
Yatra Online / YatraTrip.in Customer Care's response, Jun 18, 2019

Greetings, from Yatra.com!

This is with reference to your email regarding the refund under the reference number[protected].

We apologize for the inconvenience you have gone through. We are getting this checked with our respective team & would respond to you at the earliest. Request your patience in the interim.

Best Regards,
Updated by shrutikedia, Jun 18, 2019
Dear team,

Because of the delay in your responses, I could have been duped by 19000 now.
One of the people named Bhavesh Kumar posed as a yatra refund team manager and enquired me about the entire issue. He was sympathetic and told me they are refunding the entire amount right now via Bhim UPI.
On my app, I received a collection request of 18, 999 from some Ram Krishna ([protected]@paytm). He told me to approve the same with the 4 digit PIN for initiating the refund.
Had I not been sus[icious and prudent about the collection request, I could just have been robbed for 18, 999.

I earnestly request you to close this issue on priority and initiate my refund or else now I also sue for harassment I am facing for last 10 days.
Updated by shrutikedia, Jun 18, 2019
Please refer the request as below:

Yatra Online / YatraTrip.in Customer Care's response, Jun 21, 2019

Greetings, from Yatra.com!

We would like to inform you that your refund of INR 2500.00 has been processed from our end into your bank account through which you have made the payment.

Please note, Yatra takes only 24hrs to process the refund, Further, if the payment was made through Private sector bank then it will take 2-3 working days & if the payment was made through Public sector bank then it will take up to 7 working days to reflect the credit into your account.

+91 95 5580 0800 [Customer Support]
    1101, 11th Floor, Tower B, Unitech Cyber Park, Sector -39, Gurgaon, Haryana, India - 122001
    Yatra.com - fraudulent conversion of cash to 1 day validity coupons