[Resolved] Zomato — refusing to refund my money

New Delhi, New Delhi District, Delhi, India
 Gouriek on Nov 25, 2018
Hi gourie,

Hope you are doing well.

We would like to inform you that according to new policies of zomato if the order gets cancelled because of the customer being unresponsive at the time of delivery, a cancellation charge equal to the order amount is charged from the user as the food was already prepared/dispatched.

Please do feel free to write back to us in case there’s anything else that we can help you with.

Jatin chugh
Zomato online ordering team
Reach us at [email protected]

How would you rate my reply?
Great okay not good
{#hs:[protected]#}
On thu, nov 22, 2018 at 11:38 pm ist, gourie khera wrote:
Please resolve this as quick as you can. I just wanted my order and now i am fighting through email

I placed an order for kulfiano through zomato app. I got a message after some time that not only was my order cannot be fulfilled, the money i paid through my card cannot be refunded. Their rider canceled the order because of what reason i do not know and i never received a call from their rider and not only that he told me my address was wrong but i have always used the same address and my house is located in a prime location and all their riders always reach here without any problem but this guy was something really special. He is lying so boldly and said that he was standing below my house but not only the security guard of my house but also the security guard at the colony gate told me that no one came from zomato. Some of their riders are so rude sometimes and one time this guy took the twenty rupees change and told me that "itni tip toh banti hai sir chod do". And you know the funny part, this order that i placed i used the same credit that zomato gave me as an apology because of some mistake they made.

Complaint marked as Resolved Nov 25, 2018
They realised their mistake and will be refunding my money.

[Nov 25, 2018] Zomato customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by Gouriek, Nov 25, 2018
Instead of responding properly zomato keeps sending the same automated message that I was unresponsive bit I never received any call from their rider and they are not even giving me their rider’s name or number and not even letting me talk to him and after I’ll post this message they’ll again send the same message that I was unresponsive so they are not refunding my money
Updated by Gouriek, Nov 25, 2018
I have read so many consumer complaints where problem is so similar to my problem that I felt like I was writing . They refused refund to so many people saying they were unresponsive.

Comments

Even I faced the same issue.I think they are running a scam or something as in my case I did not get any message saying that this number tried calling you which I usually does if my cell is not reachable and someone tries calling me.When I asked for the screenshot of the delivery executive showing that he tried calling me at that time then they replied with the same ### that you are charged because you were unreachable at the time of delivery as per zomato's new policy.
Tomato is a scam they have cheated my order, amt also, They delivery guys has not called only,
But the reason they are canceled due phone not reaching it's but my phone is on only,
I have shared the screen short to the guy I called .

My order no is [protected], very worst service,
We can't able to trust atall
These scamsters does not deserve any rating. What I would suggest is that we should start ordering food with COD option and then start declining the order so that these morns can be taught a lesson.

1938
    +91 83 7509 7031 [South]
    +91 83 7507 3452 [North]
    139-P, Sector 44, Gurgaon, Haryana, India - 122002
    Zomato - refusing to refund my money