[Resolved] Zoom Car — claim for the compensation for the damages caused by the company

Rishad Kochery on Jun 3, 2019
This is with reference to complaint id: 2345809 (That i had filed earlier) (Subject:- no car at the pick up address)

We would like to express our dissatisfaction with the amount you refunded, which shows as initiating in the zoom car app.

The amount initiated was just 2593/- (The booking amount)

The zoom car co. Is responsible to compensate us for all the damages suffered by us under the principle of consequential damages/special damages which is explained under contract law.

The breach of contract was done by the zoom car company and hence we as the consumers are entitled to the consequential damages.

1. A drive through pune-mumbai express highway was the main reason why i and my friends came to pune all the way from kerala. On 1st april 2019, i was at pune and the only reason i booked a return flight from mumbai to kerala was because of the hope o[censored]sing the car as per the contractual relationship between zoom car and me.
What flight cost for 3 o[censored]s was: flight fare:- [3250 x 3 = 9750 (Kochi to pune)] + [2843 x 3 = 8529 (Mumbai to kochi)] = 18, 279/- inr
We would like to claim atleast a part of amount as compensation because this drive was the main reason why we chose pune for my birthday party. (A minimum of 30 percent of 18729/- atleast)

2. Finally after waiting in the pick up address as provided by the zoomcar co. For more than 3 hours finally realizing, i got cheated, i rushed to mumbai airport taking a cab from pune, which cost me rupees 1600/-.

3. All the plans in between got wasted because of the same. My friend, who is in bombay took movie tickets for the movie 'captain marvel' for 3 o[censored]s hoping that we would reach bombay at 6:30 pm. Even that got wasted, which cost me rupees 420/-.

4. I would also like to claim a descent amount as damages for all the sufferings and mental trauma that has been caused by the act of zoom car co. As agreed under indian contact law (Aggregated damages).

I humbly request the zoom car company, to compensate us for the damages suffered by us, especially on my birthday. The amount claimed by us are as follows,

Flight fare:- 5000/- (At least 30 percent of the flight fare)
Cab: 1600/-
Movie tickets:- 420/-
Mental trauma:- 1000/-
Miscellaneous expense:- 1000/-

Total: 9020 inr

Failure to compensate us with a descent amount will make us to go to the court and move legally. Mere credits in the zoomcar account is not an appropriate way to compensate us for the damages caused for the breach of contract caused by the zoom car company.

In hope of positive reply,

Rishad kochery
(B. A ll. B student)

Complaint marked as Resolved Jun 4, 2019
They have not given me a proper answer. Its a clear case of cheating done by the Zoom Car company. They have violated my right as a consumer guaranteed under Consumer Protection Act.

[Jun 03, 2019] Zoom Car customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by Rishad Kochery, Jun 03, 2019
Booking ID: JPS6B701G
Vehicle No: KA 51 AA 7835
Vehicle: Mahindra Scorpio
Zoom Car Customer Care's response, Jun 04, 2019
Hello Rishad,

Greetings!

We are sorry for the disappointment caused. We did go through the booking and see that our team has addressed you on the escalation raised. As a token of apology, we have added necessary driving credits into your Zoomcar account which you can be utilized for the upcoming booking.

We understand your disappointment with regard to the unavailability of the vehicle, we will be unable to undo the events that have caused you distress, but, please rest assured, the issue has been escalated to our concerned team, we will surely have a check and take appropriate measures so that such issues are minimized in the future. Hoping for your kind understanding in this regard.

Ramya
Updated by Rishad Kochery, Jun 04, 2019
Hello Zoom Car,

Please understand that mere driving credits wont be enough. Zoom car and company has the responsibility to compensate us under the principle of Special damages explained under contract law.

Please give me a Yes or No answer for the claim I have made. Would like to move legally if its a negative answer.

Rishad Kochery

Zoom Car - claim for the compensation for the damages caused by the company