AB-AROGYADAAN - Renewal prior to maturity Date

Ramakrishnarao Savaram on Sep 16, 2012
Renewal notice (without date) of my GHPL-UAB-ARG-08221-1 Vijayalakshmi (BA No. 1433) & GHPL-URG-08221-2 for the year 2012-2013 sent to the Manager, Andhra Bank (Br Code:1046)MVP Colony, Visakhapatnam which was delivered to me on 13 Sep 2012.
The policy is due for renewal on 15th June 2012, but Andhra Bank debited my account on 8th June 2012 and refused to renew my policy with enhancement of Rs.50,000/ when I approached the Bank on 16 June 2012, stating that their HO instructed them to debit all the accounts on 8th June 2012.
When I approached the branch several times informing them that I have not received certificate of insurance, they without verification at their office, use to tell me that it will be delivered to my residential address. When I approached the Branch Manager on 13th Sep 2012 asked me to meet their staff in the counter. Asst. Branch Manager asked the subordinate staff to get the policies pending.
He asked my name and brought three envelops with the same name.
To my surprise one cover contains my last years 2011-2012 certificate of policy along with cards.
The second envelop contains the renewal notice sent kept with the bank without informing me.
The third one contains latest renewal policy certificate and cards.
From the renewal notice I observe that they are intimating the clients that the policies will be renewed every year (commencing from June 8, 2013), but they have not asked the bank to debit on 8th June 2012.
Moreover my policy is due for renewal on 15th June 2012 (but debited my account on 8th June 2012). I approached the branch Manager and informed that they are doing every year like this only. After my request they are renewing from 15th June due date with enhanced amount of Rs.50,00/-. But the Branch Manager bluntly refused to enhance the limit. Even after the due date there is a grace period of 15 days or so for renewal.
Her Insurance Company made a mistake of not sending the renewal notice to me (in spite of their collection of my information latest address, email id contact number etc. in the previous renewal proposal forms).
And the Bank kept the renewal notices without delivering to me, moreover they have to take our signatures on renewal proposals (which is on the same form). Without our consent they have renewed the policy prior to the maturity date of my existing policy. Moreover they have not even delivered the last year policies also kept in their records and delivered them along with the latest policy.
I want to renew my policy for Rs.3,00,000/- but they have renewed it for Rs.2,50,000/- without my authorization. Please either get it renewed for Rs.3,00,000/- or charge them for their negligence of their duties suitably, so that they will not repeat the same thing with senior citizens in future.

Comments

N Jun 22, 2012 by
Ramakrishnarao Savaram AB-AROGYADAAN  - MVP Colony, Visakhapatnam, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India

I am having S.B. and FD Accounts with Andhra Bank, MVP Colony Branch (Code 1046) Visakhapatnam 530017 either or survivor accounts with my wife Vijayalakshmi. At the request of one of their officers' contributed to AB-AROGYADAAN Medical Insurance since four years. Last year I have authorized the branch to renew the policy from Rs.2 lakhs to Rs.2.5 lakhs one year from 15th June 2011 to 14th June 2012. But they have renewed only for Rs.2 lakhs. When I approached the branch and reminded about my authorization letter, they have enhanced the policy by debiting my account extra premium which is due on 14th June 2012. But to my surprise they renewed it on 8th June 2012 without my authorization and prior intimation of renewal due either by bank, nor United Ins. Co. Ltd. When I approached the branch manager, he informs that their HO has instructed their branches to renew all the policies on every year June 8th itself, without considering due dates. I objected for that saying they should inform the altered rules prior to renewal or debiting my account. Even though they have collected my mobile number 9849237004 and email id srksvl@yahoo.com while they have taken my renewal authorization letter last year, they have not reminded me either by mobile message nor email. Now I asked them to debit extra premium and enhance the limit for next slab of Rs.3 lakhs. But Manager informs that they cannot alter it since, computer is not accepting it.
N Sep 17, 2012 by

GHPL-UAB-ARG-17518-1
Valid from 26-3-2012 to 25-3-2013
Branch At Balanagar, Hyderabad
rukmareddy.dgmail.com

Approach bank people reg. renewal for Policy, but they told renewal date is over we can't help only AB Arogyadaan people can do the policy renewal, so pl. what can i do regarding renewal pl. help me.

AB-AROGYADAAN - Renewal prior to maturity Date