Airtel Broadband - Billing and Shifting

ranga
I had shifted my residential premises and requested for connection to be relocated. Airtel did honour that in a few days time after receiving all documentatins. Unfortunately since 6 months i had been trying to get the address changed so that i can receive bills on time and nothing happend. I escalated to their escalation dept., but everytime it was a blanket promise that the bills will reach the same day and apologies... frustrated i disconnected. On top of this after disconnection, i got the bills and the courier representative was showing faces to my family which is the most irritating part. If companies cannot take care basic address update i wonder how they will handle technical problems!!!! God Bless Airtel!!

Comments

I had applied for the unlimited broadband connection (128 kbps of tariff 799/-)(Phone No. 43016137 Account No. 13519857) and paid an advance payment of 1049 for the first month by cheque which has since then been deducted from my account. My connection was installed on January 31st at my residence 22-D Pocket A Mayur Vihar Phase-2 Delhi. Since February 2nd, 2008, the broadband is not functioning due to which a lot of my official work has been affected. The telephone line, which I was told is a mandatory connection with the broadband, also was not functioning and has been repaired twice in the interval. The installed router since February 4th, 2008 shows the link as not being available although the entire line has been checked.

Several complaints, first one on February 4th, 2008, have been made with no results. During one occasion, Mr. Kailash, the Sr. Executive who was very enthusiastic during securing the connection switched off his cell when he had to respond to my queries regarding when the connection would be up. The technicians have visited the premises 2 or three times. During subsequent complaints, none has bothered to even visit let alone rectify the complaint.

I have received a bill (Invoice No. 460158713 for the period 5/1/2008 to 4/2/2008 amounting to 574.32 of which 49.24 is call charges made by the AIRTEL technicians trying to rectify the line. Rs.350/- have been charged as activation charges while Rs.126.68 have been charged for the broadband. I do not understand why the billing period has been, mentioned from January 5, 2008 when my connection was installed on January 31st, 2008.

Now, I am stuck with a phone line I never wanted, a connection that has not worked, a lot of inconvenience and a loss of Rs.1049. I am extremely dissatisfied with the way the issue has been handled and the services of AIRTEL Broadband.

Internet connection not installed properly but being billed for the past 4 months - Airtel /Broadband

From
M.D.Bhupathy
32 Dhandayuthapani Nagar
1st Street Kotturpuram
PHONE NO: 42132784

We are Air Tel Customers since 2003 (42024749)
We had shifted our residence in December 2007 to Kottupuram and our telephone number had changed to 42132784. This has been functioning well but we have been facing problems with our Broadband facility.
• The installation was never completed.
• In this regard I have placed complaint many a times but no action has been taken.
• We have not been able to use internet service.
• But all the bills we received we are billed for internet service which has not been provided for.
• On 26 March we had given a letter to discontinue the internet service for which no action has been taken.
• Now we have again received the bill for internet service.
• 4 months we have paid for not using service.
We have mailed the same to to airtel officials but till date no action has been taken. We would request to kindly help us.

M.D.Bhoopathy.

i m very upset because airtel broad band has given me lot of tention and loss of money . my airtel no is 45573171 at wz -98 shop no-10 lamba complex jawal heri market paschim vihar new delhi 110063. ihave given the reqest to shift my connection to my new address in same building at second floor at 3/05/2008.they said that company will charge for that 300 rs .i agree still it takes more than 10 days to shift but only wiring work has done and connrction of broadband still not shifted . i gave him information for that but they do not take serios action .my rental for this line is running and i not getting the services then who will be the responsible for the bill payments. pls take some action for that otherwise i have to action for your careless attitude.

Unorganized and incompetency - Airtel Broadband

I had taken an Airtel broadband connection almost more than 01 year back. For the initial few months, the service was satisfactory and I was satisfied with the services.

However, my problems started towards the Q3, 2007, when the services were not working. I called up multiple times to get the issue resolved. After some calls, an engineer was sent to check out the fault and rectify it. However, no respite and finally I decided to get the connection cancelled.

This is were the problems begin. In spite of giving a written request for account cancellation (to the collection agnet), my services were still active for almost 6 months. I had called in numerous times, spoken to numerous agents/ supervisors/ even to the nodel officer/ appellate authoriy, but no respite.

Finally almost 2 months after the receive a legal notice for a payment of some 1000 rupees, which I was supposed to pay.

My questions:

- why did I get charged for all these services : my usage was ZERO and I should not have been charged for all these,
- why was i never informed about these charges, when my account was cancelled. Even the person who came to take away the instruments DID NOT inform me.

I am highly disappointed with this service and I myself plannig to take some legal action, if this case is not resolved to my satisfaction. I am also lodging this complaint with the complaint

Non-installation of broadband after collecting fee - Airtel

Dear Sir/Madam
With the intention of expanding my services bought from Airtel, I had applied for a landline connection alongwith Wifi broadband internet connection for my residence. This was on 18th Oct 08, Form no. 1507151. A fee of Rs 500 was collected by the Marketing Exec Mr Sachin, M: 99104 48535. Though he had committed to get the account activated in 4 days, even after 7 days, till 24th Oct, it was not done. During this period, the person for installation cell, Mr Rahul, M 98715 79432, intimated us that the intercom wire in our flat are not installed. He said this without even visiting the premises. When we told him that the intercom is already working at our flat and not only that Airtel is already present in our building, he would not listen to us. As a matter of fact, the flat next to us on our floor is already using Airtel services.

I have, subsequently, put a cancellation request for the connection. However, what is appalling is the unprofessional attitude of your executives. While Mr Sachin used such tactics like "I have to meet my sales targets, so I'll get the connection in 4 days for you" while communicating with my wife for getting the fee, after 2 days, both him and Mr Rahul stopped even taking our calls.

I may not go for your connection anymore. However, I thought it right to inform of your executives working style.

Hope you take some steps in this regard.

Anirban Mazumdar

Creating problems in shifting Broadband connection - Airtel

I lodged a request with airtel to shift my broadband connection with airtel twice (Request no are 64311 two weeks back and 13468358- Dated 04th november08). first of all they never reverted back and i had to call them again and again for the same. and later they have given me one more request no. after which again i called up to get to know that they doesn't have any port although people are using the broadband in my flat itself. i don't uinderstand can't they just increase one more port when a customer like me who is using airtel for last two year.
I am facing problem because of this. and airtel people are not listening at all. i have no idea what to do.
vimala

heavy charges of billing than marketed - Airtel Broadband

I was offered a 499 unlimited pack of b/b connection from airtel on 1.12.2008. today i got a bill for rs.155/-after adjusting rs.500/- i paid for regn. i was told that by marketing (airtel direct team) that i have to pay only the phone call charges in addition to rental of rs499/- (taxes applicable) with unlimited broadband facilities. but today i got a bill by which i have to pay rs.155/-.monthly charges for 1-5/12/08 comes to rs 83.17 other charges rs.500/- taxes rs.72.08 total 655.25 deducting rs 500=155. I dont understand for usage charges of rs.83.17 how i can be taxed rs.72.08. further how rs.83.17 comes for 499+taxes plan. May please help.

appercition - Airtel Broadband

this not a complaint hats of to there excellant crm i sincerly regret un sorry abt the excess billing the billing is accurate usage only i was misled by false rumor yhey are doing everythihg for safe crm comfort
i thank all the staff of AIRTEL 4R EXCELANT CRM SERVICES
I WANT THIS COMMENT TO B POSTED IN BEN Q TAMILISH WEB PAGES
WARM REGARDS HAVE A NICE DAY KUMAR

AIRTEL SERVICES B IT TELEPHONES LANDLINE MOBILE BROADBAND DTH MPEG4 EXCELLANT MARVELOUS EXTRAORDINARY WAY ABOVE EVERYBODY V CAN FIND PARALLEL IN TVS GROUPS HIQUALITY SUNDARAM MEDICAL FOUNDATION HEALT CARE THE BEST IN WORLD SPECIAL THANKS TO DR.ARJUNRAMGOPAL DIRECTOR SMF WEL MANNERED GENTLEMAN TO THE CORE I WAS TOUCHED BY HIS CALL TO ME ON 29/10/08 AT 11.30AM THRU HIS BOARD DIRECT JUS TO XPRESS CONCERN CARE GREAT JUS GREAT KUMAR

our broad band connection no. is 41731787.we were using for long time.there was no problem. so, we decided to change our plan to ulimited usage for the same we changed plan calling air tel service personel and we got confirmation also.
but after that we got bill with old plan only with additional internet charges, even after being plan change they have not activated.for this we are not responsible.so we cancelled the connection.
according to our account our bill total outstanding...2000/-
our deposit is with airtel rs.1500/-
balance we have to pay 500/- we have to return instrument so, make necesssary arrangements to make effect.get your balance and settle account.reply soon
thanks with regards

Advance paid, broadband not installed - Airtel

On 10th, March, I decided to obtain a new broadband connection for my children and called up Airtel. They came immediately, filled the forms, took the ID proof, gave me the receipt for Rs.500/- and promised to have my Broadband connection installed within 2 days. I chose the Rs.799/- per month plan with 1 mbps speed. I was promised by this sales staff that my new connection WILL BE NEW and NOT LINKED TO ANY OTHER CONNECTIONS.

On 11th, March, two guys from Airtel came to check on installation. They found some box called PBC which was on the other side of my block and wanted to take the wiring through three houses all the way round to my flat. These two guys entered the premises of my neighbour without prior permission either from me or from them, which upset my neighbours and I had to console them. I complained to Mr. Nehru the sales guy, who promised to install a NEW PBC BOX and have the connection ready on 12th, March itself. Today, we are on 13th, March and still no connection. To make matters sound ridiculous, Mr. Nehru now informs ME TO CONVINCE MY NEIGHBOURS TO ALLOW FOR WIRING THROUGH THEIR PRIVATE PROPERTIES.

This is highly unprofessional and unethical. When a customer wants a new connection, he has to be given a new connection and how that is going to be done is none of my business. It is Airtel's. My receipt No: is 56479 dt. 10th, March and the Customer account no: 825782.

I would appreciate if the following action is taken immediately under confirmation to me:

1. Install my new broadband connection immediately without interfering / violating my neighbours privacy. ( It has already been committed once, just for the record ).

2. If connection not possible, then either Refund Rs.500/- to me alongwith my documents or provide for a Credit note to my existing account.

I have sent an email to care.tamilnadu airtel and still no reply from them. Kindly help me.

Thanking you,
Kind regards,

Haseeb Modi.

The Worst Service, Fake Promises - Agarwal Info(Franchise of Airtel)

One day I got an sms requesting me to contact Agarwal Info, Chennai if in case I need Airtel broadband connection. Guess it is a franchise of Airtel. The following were the nos mentioned in the sms:
9600074720, 9790702751. I called one of these no. as I was in need of Braodband connection. One guy named Harish picked the call. He asked for my address to check the feasiblity in my area as I resided in sholinganalur, Chennai. After an hour I got a call back from him stating me that it is possible for Airtel broadband connection at my home. He requested me to pay a sum of 500Rs to the marketing guy named Magesh. His mobile no. is 9677054999. He got my photograph, 570 Rs from me and promised i will get the connection in 4 days time. Then 5th day I called him. He told me to talk with a guy named Krishnakumar who is also an employee of Agarwal info. His mobile no. is 9677055455. He didnt respond properly. Every day I used to call him. He was jeep on dragging day by day. Then after 3 weeks time he told me to talk with his manager named Baskar. His mobile no. is 9600079387. This guy checked with other team and told me that my house is 95M away from the dp box and it is not possible for them to give connection.
I asked him why the hell they checked for the feasiblity and got 570 Rs from me. He apologised and told that i can be moved to cancelation and I will be getting my money back in 10 days. Yesterday, suddenly Airtel people came to my home for installation. I called baskar why he told that it was not possible previiously. He again apologised and told that his team has achieved the target for the previous month. So, moved my application to next month. So, whatever these people said was not true. They are very big frauds. If you want to get a Airtel broadband connection please go to Airtel showroom direcly rather than going to franshise like Agarwal Info. Because of Agarwal Info., Airtel's name is getting spoiled though they provide good service. Now I go with TATA INDICOM.
Those people are not ready to cancel my connection too. Now my moeny is in vain. Could you please help me in getting the money back. In this world of recession 570 bugs is really a big money for me.

Airtel Team,
Please ensure that your franshise are providing a good service by inspecting then and there. I can provide other details if required. My mobile no. is 9841510073. Whoever address this message can call me for any clarification.

Airtel Team,

Please make a note of my application no. ch847837. I dont want Airtel connection at all. I really hate it. Please get my 570 bugs back.

Now I again tried calling Krishnakumar who is responsible for cancelling my connection and get my money back. He told me that they cannot cancel the connection. He is not ready to get my money back.

Airtel,
Please get my money back. 570 bugs is nothing for you. But it mean a lot to me.

People who get a chance to look at this complaint, Please let me know what should be done to get my money back.

Shifting of Telephone/broadband - Airtel

I had earlier shifted my residence 18 days before and I had given a shift request 20 days before. The broadband/telephone connection has still not happened to me. Airtel Customer Care Officers are the best people to tell 200 lies everyday. First day when I called up they said that the feasibility is fine and the wiring would happen in 3 days time. Second day they said that some neighbour is opposing for digging lines. Totally there are 12 houses in my lane and I had checked up with each and every person. Surprisingly everybody says that nobody from Airtel had appraoched them and nobody had opposed them. When I talked to one Lakshmi - Customer care and asked her to either intimate the door number of the person who opposed it or the name, they are not able to provide it. And every time we escalate the problem they somehow or other escape talking to us telling some more bigger lies.

I used to think only Government bodies like BSNL had some problem but they are far far better and Airtel is THETHETHE WORST..

Venkat

Broadband Tel no 4670537

Letter for disconnection given on 06-04-2009

Complaint filed on system on 22-04-2009

Complaint no 21875

complaint centre sec-35, chandigarh

My mobile no 9814708137

Sorry to say that no action till date

plese sent my broadband bill to email phone number:04214328088 plese i miss the bill

Airtel Broadband - Billing and Shifting