Beautiful Alleppey - Houseboat: All what the company says is FAKE, very bad experience

Murali_1983 on Feb 16, 2011

Me and my wife booked a houseboat (1 bedroom, deluxe AC) through 'Beautiful Alleppey'.
Whatever the company mentioned in the mail or told was all fake. The service they provided was poor.

1. We were told that there would be three people on the ship besides us, but there were only two.
2. They wanted all the money before departure of the houseboat. When we refused to give the whole amount and only to give 80%, he said thats not allowed. So we asked him for the receipt. He provided uas a receipt of different agency saying that his receipt book is at office. What a thing ?
3. There was an ant in the welcome drink.
4. No choice of food was given by the chef.
5. In the lunch, the vegetable was half cooked.
6. Captain was sailing the houseboat too slow, when we asked him to increase the speed, the just said yes and didnt increase.
7. We asked the captain to show the fishing nets but as usual he said yes and didnt show it.
8. In the night captain went to his home so we were just left with the chef.
9. Cable was not working properly for 30 mins.
10. The AC was not working properly.
11. In the morning they were supposed to sail again at 7:30 am but started at 8:15 am.

Overall it was a very bad experience and all the credit goes to BEAUTIFUL ALLEPPEY. I request you all to never book the package through them...they are FAKE. In their mail they said that if there prices are high its because of the quality service they offer. What a lie.

Please let me know if any help can be provided in this regard.

Thankking You,
Murali (9177516139, 8106188389)

Comments

D Feb 22, 2011 by
beautif

1. There are normally 3 people in the House Boat. That is right. But one is compensate if anyone is on leave.

2. It is the common style in the Houseboat. All are prepaid. They do not have the advance booking. Those customer doing the advance booking will get the receipt at the time of booking. They have not done the advance booking. Our office is far away from the Boat boarding point. So if in case we went to our office to take the new receipt, it will take time to start the houseboat (that will create another compliant). So as an alternative proof we gave the receipt of the near by operator.

3. They didn't complaint about the ant at that time and they had the welcome drink too.

4. It is always a fixed menu available in Houseboat. If extra required they should inform it before the cruise starts. It is not possible to change the menu after the boat starts. They do not specify any extra menu.

5. Not informed at that time.

6. Houseboat will cruise in lake in a normal speed. If the wind is not favor it is force to slow down the boat. Customer safety is more important.

7. He got the wrong information from someone that he can see the Fishing net (China net) in Alleppey.
That kind of nets are found in Cochin and not in Alleppey.

8. Point noted ( This we accept as our error. Action taken )

9.The cable is optional in Houseboat. Cable is connecting through DTH. The waves in the lake may slightly change the position of the boat which may result in jamming the signals of DTH.

10. The AC in the houseboat is working in Generator. We agreed that the AC stopped to about 10 min when the Generator cut-off automatically. It was reconnected in 10mins without a problem.

11. For morning the total cruise timing is one hour. We have given the one hour cruise in Houseboat in morning.

Some people thinks that they will get a Hotel like facilities in Houseboat and some have very big expectation about the houseboat. That makes this problem. There are lot of limitations in a House Boat.
D Feb 23, 2011 by
Viswanath.prem

I do not feel that they are fake. I enjoyed my backwater cruise in their Houseboat with my family including my old parents. The food was tasty and the crew members are very friendly and the boat was well maintained and have spacious bedrooms and living area. Even with my recommendation 3 of my friends and family booked with Beautiful Alleppey Houseboat and their experience too was good.
D May 15, 2011 by
sam.t

Hi everyone

Beautiful Alleppey Houseboat Service has give us good service and good food. We'd good experience with them.

Sam
A Feb 21, 2012 by
Rishi989

as we have heard such a complaint, better not to book through them. nobody likes to waste thier money
D Feb 23, 2012 by
beautif

Hi Rishi989

Could you please let us know more details like your email id and which date you've booked the Houseboat, the name of that specific houseboat and whose name you have booked the Houseboat.

Complaint category Category: Other