Electricity Board UP - Excess Meter Reading

ATUL SINGHAL
On an average my monthly consumption of units is 350-400. Last month the units reported in the electricity bill was 704 which was hugely in excess so we checked the meter reading but it was showing the same reading. This month in August the electricity bill has reported 2566 units and the bill if approx Rs 9500/-. When we contacted the region SDO( sector 51 Noida) he says that there would be a backlog of reading as the meter was running correctly showing a consumption @ 10-13 units per day(24 hours). But this backlog reading is not acceptable as myself had checked the meter reading last month only. SDO is telling that there is no other way except to submit the amount. How can we submit such huge amount and nobody is listening.

Urgent support required. So that the connection is not cut we are submitting Rs 3000/.

Comments

Main meter running very fast - Electricity Board,Lucknow

My House address is 510/20 New Hyderabad, Lucknow . My main meter is running 10 times faster .
Currently we are using 2 room, in one room, only we are using tubelight & in second room, we are
using 1 Fan, T.V * 2 CFL light. As per submeter reading the difference between 21st Feb'09 to 8th March
is 28 units, but as per main meter difference is 290 Units . Kindly check this meter & allow to use another meter parrel of this meter. Otherwise how it is possible to pay 10 times higher electricity bill.

Kindly attend the complaint at the earliest.

Anuj Jain
Mobile - 9001096842

Electricity Board -UP

On an average my monthly bill used to come around 250-350 RS/- But since last 5-6 months it s comming around 600-1000Rs/- Though the readings in the bill are matching with the Meter reading but it is almost impossible to have such a high consumption. i m the only resident in my flat and my usage is very limited. I have already registered a complaint for meter change. i have oberved many times that the meter runs very fast or may be reading jumps. I can not pay such a huge bill on regular basis. My request for change of Electric meter is already registerd with electricity board but so far they have not taken any action.
i also contaced at costomer complaint no. bit their response was also not very encouraging. with this post i would like to request u to take up the matter with the concerned agencies in Noida electricity board and try to solve my problem at the earliedt.

Vikas Kukreja
163-D, BHEL, Sec.17, Noida

On an average my monthly bill used to come around 1200-1550 RS/- But since last 2-4 months it s comming around 5000-7000Rs/- Though the readings in the bill are matching with the Meter reading but it is almost impossible to have such a high consumption. i m the only resident in my flat and my usage is very limited. I have already registered a complaint for meter change.
i have oberved many times that the meter runs very fast or may be reading jumps. After my complain thay install a check meter
and after insatling the check meter the Bill comes around 1200 to 1500 only for 3 months. After that thay said that ur meter is ok an thay disconnecet there check meter again. After deinstlling there meter now again bill is aprox 2000 to 2500 and The electricity board says that u must pay ur bill and we r not responsible for ur to huge readings and thay do not taken any action.

Gaurav Singh
1652 sec-29
Noida

I've been going through the same problem at Ram Vihar, Sect 30. Last week someboday came and threatened my sis that if you don't payup 8000/- immediately, i'll cut your connection now. This despite the fact that i've been paying all my bills regu;arly. Have even paid 7500/- in the month of Jan, knowing that the meter was out of order. I'm clueless, where to go and whom to approach.

Am a resident of Noida. Every month we receive a bill of 700 to 800 but last month and this month we had the bill like 3727 and the unit consumption was 986 units. We complained but we dint get any response.

Gopal Rao
Sec-22 Noida
201301

I dont have electricity at my village i.e Vill-Lukharya, Post-Garhwana, Distt-Auriya(UP) 206242.So please help me on this, wat can i do for the same.

Vijay Yadav,
8128991931

I am a resident of Lucknow. In September when I submitted the bill the closing reading was less than the opening reading and the amount shown was for 300 units and so the amount of Rs 2100 was paid. When in the next month October, the bill was to be paid they showed consumption of 700 units. It was not possible so we checked and found that there was an error in the reading. The billing person suggested to get the bill corrected from where the connection is given. The connection office person said that first pay the bill and then we will correct. We again went to the billing place and there they gave another bill saying, please get it corrected at teh main office. The main office took the application but did not give any receiving even after requesting for it. It becomes very tough with us who pay bills on time and the officials make us go here and there. Though there was no direct demand but my driver ( who had been running with papers) said that we need to pay them something and then they will not make us run here and there. This is so odd that you have to pay for the clerical mistake done by the department.

Hello, My name is Neha Verma live in sector 51. i have recently received the bill of Rs. 18000/- for two month. when i asked these Bijli Wala's to check the meter, they denied. they threatened me that they will cut the connection, incase i dont pay the whole amount. but why???? shall i pay 18000/-

i was regularly paying uptill sreptember ut all of a sudden, for october and november, bill has shoot up.

this cant be possible, i need that action shall be taken on this matter.
thanks
Neha Verma
A Feb 21, 2011 by
abinash123

My meter is running very fast. I have complained many times but no reponse against this issue. They dont want to check it up. pl. can you provide any solution. i stay at sec-82, noida.up201305
N Mar 21, 2012 by
vipul_singh

Near Sant Puram Nagar, number of houses have illegal connections without a proper connection via meter. This area lies in Chinhat Power House Lucknow. It has been possible as because of few government officials like lineman and may be on upper side also including few locals, who used to en cash other nice ones in the name of light in their houses.It has become the source of their income.

So request u to please stop this and do something for proper system. As everybody wants to live in piece and without interruptions.

Electricity Board UP - Excess Meter Reading