GM Property Developers and Builders, Bangalore - Non Completion of Building Work

Prakash Ramakrishna
I had booked a flat in 2006, in a semi finished contrction work. At that time the builder had promised to handover the flat in six months. I paid the total cost of the flat. In October2007 i occupied the flat after completing the interior work. I was not been given a possession and occupancy certificate. Till today the documents like VAT and Service Tax receipt proof of remittance to Govt.Dept has not been provided. They have collected huge amount for the same. They have not provided with BWSSB connection to the entire building. Poor quality of material used in construction of building. There is leakage in the rooms, because of which my interor got damaged.. They have also collected Maintenace Deposit but building are not maintained.
Original sanctioned plan was slit+GF+3 floor, but now two flats on the terrace roof has been constructed.
Khata transfer has not been completed. Painting for the building not completed till today. With great difficulty i was able to get my flat registered. Now builder is not responding to the calls for documents and work completion.
Should we all the flat owner approach the consumer court for the above failure.
Request everybody not to buy or deal with GM Property Developers for purchasing a flat or property.

[Updated by PROPERTY LEGAL SERVICES May 12, 2014]

BSH PROPERTY LEGAL SOLUTIONS:Legal Outsource SERVICES [NON-LITIGATION] : Due diligence, Legal Scrutiny Report of the property, Drafting like MOU, JDA, GPA, AGREEMENT OF SALE, ABSOLUTE SALE DEED in respect of land, sites, flats, villas, CONFIRMATION DEED and other deeds/agreements (if necessary), Contact for above SERVICES: Basavaraj Sangamesh Hiremath. B.Com. LL.B.,(Spl.,) Advocate, Enrolment No. :KAR/568/2002. Cell:9483585922. Email Id.:hiremathbsh1@gmail.com Address:1124, 3rd Main, 2nd Stage, E Block,Subramanya Nagar, Rajajinagar, Bangalore-560010.

Comments

N Aug 23, 2013 by
zishna2

Best Review
GM Infinite Builder is as a many maker who doesn't know how to construct the building and how to behave with our customers. This Manoj Gupta, in 2007 i was also booked the flat with this builder but now i have cancel it.because of without quality work.

non receipt of documents - govt registration of flat purchase

in 1988 we had given documents for registration at Bandra but till date we have not received back our documents. pLEASE LET US KNOW WHOM TO WRITE TO UNDER THE RTI ACT.
N May 23, 2012 by
Sandeep Rajput GM Property Developers and Builders, Bangalore  - Wagholi, Pune, Maharashtra, India

Not complete work - Building & Flats

Respected Sir,

We got possession but till we facing lot of problems in our society like , Watchmen , Lift , Backup , Society Maintenance , space , Fire Fighting , coloring , safety grill of Jina , Plumbing , Drinking water Purifier Plant , Plumbing , Drainage , sale deed , MSEB Meter not transfer yet , want to clear all those problem through builder but he is not entertain to us .
A Oct 26, 2012 by
saikumar

I had purchased a plot at silver o corner around 3 years back and had no issues with legal papers nor with registration. I did not interact with their MD but with their Marketing folks found them to be professional. There was an error in the measurement of the plot / registration which I had discovered couple of months after registration. They immediately arranged for a refund and also got a rectification deed registered. Overall, my experience has been pleasant till date.

Hi All,
I am blocking an apartment in E-City Town by GM Infinite builder; up front it looks like a steal.
Nothing is much said about them but there has been a buzz here and there about the builder. They could be intentionally posted by their direct/indirect competitors as well. Nothing very substantial on the net. Their project Springfields is running on delay of 3 years but it is the same dismal situation for all high rise apartment in Bangalore.
Request you to do some recce as well and do not forget to post your comments. Please advise and suggest on the quality of construction and credibility of builder. Please Help !!!

I am really not sure but I hope it is good. With Neo in the back drop it will definitely be a cheese cake provided they deliver in time and to what they had promised.
All the best to all of you and me.

And yes I am using an fake name.
AND BTW Mr. Sai Kumar we know you are also Mr. Saran and mostly from the builder's party and you're trying to moderate out here. All the best but people are not that stupid either. All your posts are done on the same 26th of October in various sites with same message and different names. How stupid of you.

Hi All,
Even I am blocking an apartment with them in E-City Town; up front it looks like a steal.

All the best to all of you and me.

And yes I am using an fake name.

Nicky2011

BTW Mr. Sai Kumar AKA Mr. Saran; please don't act smart. Everybody can make out that you're from the same builder group and are stupidly trying to moderate the complaints and market. Do not be so stupid to post the same matter in all the blogs and that too on the same 26th of October. You duffer get some brains.
N Mar 19, 2013 by
Nicky2011

Thanks and Good to hear from GM Infinite.
We need to do a good amount of verification before we pay even a single penny more. After a few readings I got to know that the rates are OK for a pre-launch in electronic city area. However, their KPTCL/KEB/BWSSB charges are bundled into one charge called SWS which includes VAT and other Service taxes as well. Now this is strangely very low as compared to others. I do not know how they are calculating it. Any idea anyone?
One good thing is that they are accredited to CREDAI Bengaluru. Its on their website. So feeling a little safe. Somebody is there to hear us.
Anybody has any idea on their other properties?
I am planning a visit to their other properties like Oak NS Green, Silver Manor.
Daffodils and Springfield are very far off and I don’t know that place either.
Can anyone visit that and let us know.
Please update us on anything you come to know and/or your findings.

All the best to all of us.
N Mar 25, 2013 by
LetsCommunicate

Hello All...
Friday have blocked a flat in recent launch of GM Infinite eCity - close to Noe town (in Electronics city).
Before I book the flat, I visited the area, which is real good location for 2500/sqft. Not too sure why they are selling it for so less price. During interaction with one of the marketing guys, he told me that, they don't have enough money to start the project with and hence they are coming up with phase-by-phase price plan. Initially, they sold the flats for 2250 and they have used the money to build roads, model flat and the area for marketing (on the site). He also told me that after BDA approval (which is not with them presently) they are going to sell the same property for 3000, however, when I booked the flat, I had really very few option. It means there will be very few (or none) flats which they are going to sell for 3000. I meant, when they start selling the flats, by looking at market demand what usually expected strategy is to keep some flats for 3000 sell. Why didn't they do? Any thoughts?
I have visited one of their project (which is quite tiny compared to eCity), the project is about to complete and looks OK to me (please note that I didn't speak to anyone to hear the review of builder as there was no one present. I missed to ask whether the possession was given on-time). That was the only check I did before I book.
As thee is no BDA approval in hand, they asked me to pay the next installment after verifying the papers from my legal person, however, they have told this verbally (in written, it is written that we have to pay it 15th days after blocking amount), did any of you also been told same? Or do you have this in written? or we should have this in written with us? When I asked for the reason not having BDA approval in hand I have been told they they don't have money to complete the required legal formality.
After reading the reviews (as of now I don't any positive review about the builder) I am bit worried.
I dont know how to keep in contact with people who have booked/blocked the flat (like me), so that we can communicate with each other and proceed accordingly.
N Mar 27, 2013 by
abhima

hi i also want to book a flat in GM ecity, but bit confused about builder quality and the delivery of the flats.
since it a large project and infact the first project for this builder having 1000 apartetments

is there anybody there having the past experince with builder

do update us about your honest feedback.
N Mar 29, 2013 by
Ramkrishna1

o Hi “LetsCommunicate”..
Few questions for you and all othres in the blog….
1) If I will tell you to buy a flat (which is modelled nicely in the website) and tell after few days I will increase the price by approx 8-10 lakhs, what will you do? How much time will you spend to think and decide onthe property? Won’t you be in a hurry to book the property?
2) I don’t know how many builders are there who increase their price around Rs 750 between pre launch and launch?
3) The BWSSB/KPTCL and other charges are as per govt guidelines, no one can keep it less than a particular value…. So is it genuine if they show very less
4) How can a builder sort of person tell, “don’t have money to complete the required legal formality.”? Are they really in a financial crisis? As per the builder, they built model flat and the road inside from the money collected from advaced booking, in that case all money spent doing marketing…. if say 10 people ask for cancellation of their booking, from where would they get fund to return?
5) On their website now they are showing, all big banks have approved the project. Don’t you guys think, how can such reputed banks approve the project before it is approved by the BDA????
I just put few questions….. ask yourselves…. cost wise definitely a good deal, but what about the project? The land documents might be correct…. but still something is there which puts a big question mark. It is more seen now a days, a very intelligent person also fall prey of marketing strategies. Hopefully everything will go right…
N Mar 29, 2013 by
ecityy

I visited GM Infinite office yesterday to get few questions answered. Below are few points based on my discussion with the sales manager.
1) "Anup S Shah law firm" has given opinion on the land. I Searched for this firm on google, found it to be a reputed one. Land belongs to 2 owners and they have given apt sale authority to the builder. Owners share is 36% and 64% to builders. I also saw draft copies of the sale and construction agreements where it is clearly mentioned about the above share.
2) builder is CREDAI member. Have checked the list.
3) In-house construction. As per the SM, it saves upto 30% construction cost. As many know all big builders contract the construction part.
4) will be BDA approved and get CC (Commencement certificate) - yet to get though.
5) will be constructed as per BDA approved plan, no deviation. Hence, will get OC (Occupancy certificate)
6) Sewage treatment plant and rain water harvesting will be included in the project.
7) they are committing to complete the project in 2 years from the date of BDA approval.
8) corner flats facing swimming pool will get extra windows for better view.
9) they want to avg out the cost to 3300 psft, assuming the cost to rise to 3800 towards the completion.
10) builder is ISO certified, not sure how helpful it is.
11) calculated carpet area for 3 bhk of 1500 sqft. It came to 74.64%.(Note: I have included all the open space in the apt, including the door space to be 6 inches * 2.5 ft. However excluded wall space) Used sqft calculator from net, to get accurate number.
12) Undivided share of land will be communicated after BDA approval. I don't know why to wait for it?
13) SM is claiming to get loan approval from SBI.(if done, it will be real nice)
N Mar 31, 2013 by
Aryan_2013

I will suggest all of you to visit atleast once to GM old completed projects like NS Greenwoods, Silver Manor and talk to any flat owner, then you people will know the reality of this builder. Don't pay 20% amount without doing verification of this builder.
N Apr 17, 2013 by
Toughguy

The builders are saying they have BDA approval but are awaiting for the papers from the BDA office
We need to make sure that the sanctioned BDA floor plan matches with the one that is shared ( NO deviation)
Then it is really a steal at the price I have got 2250 per sft

I am doing legal verification and there are some papers I have asked builder to provide ( as instructed by my lawyer)
I will update once I have a GO from my lawyer.
If anyone is doing a legal verification please update this blog

Builder is asking to pay 20% without getting approval, Has anyone paid? I have not paid yet...
N Apr 23, 2013 by
Mano

Thanks finally we have a forum here :-)

I have booked one flat in E-city .
Yes they are asking to pay 20% .
Even they have send some mail abt that .

I am taking some legal advise currently and waiting for the opinion.
But the things worries me is that they have 7 survey number and they are nit able to tell hwich building come under which survey number.

So i would really request you to put your lawyer suggestions here.

After all its our money.

Manoj
N Apr 23, 2013 by
Mano

About the BDA approval they have a letter showing they have a approval for G+4 rise. Where as i have asked them for the floor wise plan approval and they said there is nothing like that.??

Also no bank approval they have as the BDA approval yet to come and it might take 1 month .

Thats what there sale and loan de[artment guys have to say

Pls share if any one has any other update.
N May 21, 2013 by
virat432

I have checked with the lawyer on legal advice and lawyer has suggested to check following below additional documents:

1) Copy of letter plan submitted to BDA
2) latest encumerance certificate
3) form 1 and 12 of the assessment extract regitrar from gram panchyat (Since there is no A and B khata applicable for this locality)
4) Joint development agreement between builder and land owner

Suggested not to pay 20% amount until bda is approved because construction will not start without this
Have any one has checked on the above items
N Jun 21, 2013 by

Hello All,
Today i called to GM Infinite office at BTM layout and asked them

wether they have got BDA approval ? ------------- Ans : we will get by end of this month or starting of the next month.

Bank approval...---------? Ans: Under process...

I am planning to book a flat in gmectytown.. please suggest me what i should do.. should i wait...?
N Jun 22, 2013 by
Kirankumar Tuppad

Today i visited the site ...

looks like they are going to start the construction by this month end.

Digging work is started.

BDA approval is not yet there... and they are saying SBI, LIC, HDFC, ICICI, AXIS, FIRST BLUE. banks approval is there...

Still under confusion.. what to do..? wether to block the apartment or i should wait.

Please suggest.
N Jun 26, 2013 by

Hi guys,

Today i blocked the flat in GM eCity town.

Thaey gave me SBI approved doc.

Kiran