housing society act - car parking in open area

s.s.rajput
I am a viewer of your program PAHEREDAR.In one of your episode, we came to know regarding CAR PARKING on open area of building premises.As per the experts society has no right to ask for charges against the car parked in open area.
As, I am resident (tenant)of a housing society in agra (up).I do not own a covered parking. I am parking my car on open area of building premises. Now society committee is planing to charge Rs. 200 per car/ month. Please confirm whether we should pay or not along with coding act / rules.

Secondly, our society is running in profits of Rs. 2 lac with the collection of monthly maintenance charges.Are the society eligible to increase the monthly maintenance charges.

Comments

Our building is redevelopment building it is under process of development old committe member are hiding the proposed society and they are making proposed society without intimating tenant.

We ask some suggesation to how to protect our self and what is the procedure.

We request you to please give us guidence.

I am the member of coop housing society having flat in my name, but like other member, society is not giving me the permission or allotting me car parking space for my vehicle in society compound. There
is space in open parking area for Three to Four vehicles in the compound.
Member which is park his vehicle in society because they was purchase parking area from builder,

can builder sale open or stlit parking space ? can i park my vehicle in open to sky area of society ?

give me reply,

Sanjay

Kindly give me reply for following coop housing society car parking queries,

1). Can builder sale stlit or open car park area which was not counted in costruction area of building
2). Member can buy or get allotment or hold car parking space without any vehicle
3). Member can buy or get allotment or hold more than one allotment if any member not having any
single car parking space
4). Society not charge any parking charges from owner of car parking space

Sanjay

I have registered Leave & License Agreement for 18 months in Abhilasha Society, Mulund west on May '08. At present I am staying in rented place (Abhilasha Society) and in Feb'09 purchased four wheeler. Abhilasha society office bearers are not allowing me to park vehicle inside the society though there is sufficient space available in the society premises to park my vehicle.

Reason for not allowing me to vehicle parking says that, you are outsider and not allowed to park vehicle inside society premises. For your information my house owner has already given application request to the society for my vehicle parking almost two months ago but till date there is no confirmation to my house owner or to me on it. Office bearers strictly not allowing me to park inside the society and incase it is parked, society office bearer sends watchman at my rented home and ask for immediate vehicle removal from society premises.

I am ready to follow society rules and regulations which have been conveyed to office bearers in writing.

May I request your advise on this issue and any provisions in the byelaws which can allow me to park vehicle inside society premises.

Thanking you in anticipation. Your urgent response shall be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
________________________________________
SHARAD N. BUTTE,
manarth

I am leaving in co operative housing society in my own house. Between two houses there is a 25feet society road. I am parking my car near my house compound wall. The neighbour opposite my house park his vehical near my compound wall & harrest me on day to day to park my own car near my house.
Our society does not have any alloted parking area & everone park their vehical near their house with mutual understanding. Can i know how to overcome the day to day haresment of such neaighbours? Can i have some information on parking laws in co operative housing society?

I stay in a housing society in Ambernath, Our Society is registered in 2002, Ground floor flat not sold by builder, Now he sold that Flat with Stilt area without Societies Permission & also done registration without Society NOC.

Can we write to register for cancellation for flat registration, Can we charge penalty to the owner of the flat for not informing the society purchasing his Flat.

And what will be the charges

Please reply

Dear Sirs,
I would like to have a frank openion regarding the Stilt parking
which Builders provide below the first floor. Can the Builder sale these stilt parking to the Resident owners of the respective building flats. How is this sale to be done. Is it at the time of Agreement included in the allocation done and marked or the sale is done on his letter head.
Is the Registered co-operative Society to consider only those parkings which are registered or both. Which is legal and How is the Parking valid to the Flat owners.
What is the ration of parking to the number of Flats calculated for the Building. If Parking is not sufficiently made as per the number of Flats in the building what is to be done.

I haven’t taken my bike parking in newly developed building. The builder was not allowing anyone to park their vehicles in the building area if the person does not have parking. Now from 1st June our society will take the control. After society takeover can the builder force everybody to park the vehicles outside the society who does not have parking?

Thanks and regards,
Shailesh

sir proposed society can take transfer fee or not

I need to have advise on my car parking problem. I am the member of the society for 28 years. and I bought my first car in 1992 since then I parking my car in open area in my society. In first case, I was shifted my residence to some other building. even though I was paying my car parking to society. But in my absence some other member was parking on my slot. I requested society to keep my slot vacant because I was visiting my empty flat very offen. But they were so relectant and adamend and never care for me. In second case, I shifted my residence back to this society again and parking my car in same place for last 5 yrs. Now again I shifted my residence to some other building. And now other member is parking forcefully his car in my slot, even though he is having car parking slot in open area in our building and vacant. I made lot request to that member and society on this issue but none. Kindly help and advise me what sould I do in this matter.

if a member fails to pay the maintenance charges then what is the maximum rate of interest the society should charge

I want to know whether the co-op hsg societies can charge transfer fees on sale of unsold flats by the builder?

I am a flat owner residing at BHAYANDAR.

I want the detais on the act on the monthly maintanance & on what basis they charge the flat owner & also if the new expencess are occurring in future then how they can calculate that expence which will be distributed among the all diff areas flat owner.

thanks & regards.
dinesh halde

Dear Sir
I am the managing committee member of a Housing society in Mumbai.I have executed M-20 Bond on a stamp paper purchased from an advocate and got it notarised within stipulated time of 15 days.One of the residents who is opposed to us has compained to Registrar, Housing society that this execution of M-20 is invalid and a new managing committee should be formed.
I shall be thankful to know :
1.If this M-20 is invalid as it is not executed on a stamp paper in my name but on one purchased from advocate.
2.Can society depute a solicitor at her expenses to represent the case to the Registrar

With Regards
Pawan Kumar Mittal, Mumbai

Dear sir/madam
I styaing at utterpradesh, and we formed a registered society and they look after water supply, sweeper, comon electricity and misc. repairing of comon spaces and we all paid Rs. 500.00 p.m for all those expenses. now my problem is my flat on 3rd floor and water not reach in my flat, because they supplyed to the tank on roof by pump and we all have one direct connection from pump to flat. now during the time of runing pump all flat owners of 1st, 2nd floors used direct connection so water not reach in my flat and when water reach in my flat they switched off the pump. several times I spoken with prsident and has taken no action for either repair or enhance capacity of the pump. so can I install a new pump for myself, and as per our registration roof is common but society not repair the roof, if I spend money for reparing than who is the owner of roof?
M.Chakraborty

i had purchased a flat in mumbai, and did not purchase the open parking as builder cant sell the open parking space.
we have 30 flats and 34 parking spaces(stilt and open)builder has sold 2-2(1-open and 1 stilt) parking slots to some flat owner..hence i dint got my parking in side the socity primisis .
earlier there was 4 open parking space reserved for guest parking, when i fight to give the parking space to members first...they agree and allow to park there.
now after almost 3 years went..they suddenlly kept flowerpots at the same parking slot saying that socity has taken decizen to keep that area open and vaccant.
now i m force to park my vehichal out side the building.
NOW socity has given notice to evry flat owner that they will give stikers to those r having parking slots..and only those vehichals are allowed in the premises.
there are many flat owner who did not have car, so they dint purchase the parking.
where to go?what to do?socity commity is saying that we dont allow to park ur vehichal as u dint purchase the parking.
what should i do?

I park my car in the open parking in the society. Now the society committe has decided to allot the open parking for 1 year to any car holder thru lucky draw. Please advise, can the society do this ?

I use the car only on weekends & my car I always parked. If unfortunately, I do not get thru the draw I will have to keep my car on the road.

please advise any rule thru which I can stop them.

I AM HAVING A DISABLED DAUGHTER AGED 10 YRS. CAN WE INSTALL AN ELEVATER IN OUR BUILDING AS IT IS NECESSARY TO TAKE THE CHILD IN A WHEELCHAIR. SOME OF THE MEMBERS R OBJECTING TO THE PSOPOSAL OF ERECTING THE LIFT. KINDLY ADVISE HOW I CAN GET THE THINGS DONE.

I am tenant of a housing society at Faridabad.I do not own a covered parking. I am parking my car on open area of society premises. Society is charging Rs. 500 per car/ year.
Please suggest/ reply on my mail id.Thanks

I Priyesh Rajput am residing in a housing society since 2004 and it was completed then after.
Since then the builder has yet acquired the building till date and not yet handed over the powers to its tenants.
We have not yet been given proper parking places and now when i park my bike below my building the builder has objection.
Please let me know what to do.
Thanking You,