Manhattan Credit Cards - Undue Fines without Sending statements

gladygeorgeus on May 31, 2012
I have Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit card no 4541982334295661. I have been trying to register for net banking from the next day I have received the card. Everytime, it reaches the stage where the temporary password is to be entered, but I never get the sms. I have tried numerous times, but failed. I called up your customer service on 12 th May, spent a pretty long time pressing buttons and finally received the confirmation that "the temporary password will reach you shortly". I don't know the defenition of the word "shortly" but it has not reached me even after a week.
Today I just tried my luck once again at you website and was fortunate enough to get the temporary password as sms. Now I got the shock of my life. There is a statment raised on 25th April and the payment was to be made on 17th May. Please note that:
1. I have not received an e statement as promised by your sales team. Even your website shows that I have subscribed for e statement.
2.I have not received a paper statement either.
3. I have not received an sms about the statement generation or payment due date.

Later on,I have made the payment for the outstanding amount due. But bank has charged me Rs. 600 for late payment fees and Rs.311 as interest. Again, next month, they have not send me the statement.I have send numerous mails to the bank, including customer service, Head.Customerexperience@manhattan.co.in and head.service@sc.com, but only get computer generated replies. No body responded to my complaint. Calling customer service is real waste of time as they ask to press numerous buttons only and will not transfer to an executive. I haven't seen this bad customer service any where in India.
Glady George