Orion Hyundai Service Centre Gurgaon — Misuse of my CAR by ORION
Shakeel A. Ansari
This is regarding misuse of my car (Model i10 ERA – HR-26AV-2293) at "ORION HYUNDAI SERVICE CENTER GURGAON" on 04 Jul 2009. On this day I brought my car for second free service at around 1PM to this service center and was promised for delivery at 5PM on the same day. This service was only supposed to be a routine service as it’s a new car and has hardly been run (only 900 km).
I was waiting in the Customer Lounge under the impression that my car is being serviced and was quite relaxed. After sometime (around an
hour) I just went casually to have a look as to how things were moving, but to my surprise I couldn’t locate my car anywhere in the service center premises. I noticed it was missing and immediately enquired with the advisor over phone. Firstly, he disconnected the line, then the second time on enquiring I was told it has gone for washing. I checked in the washing area and my car was not there either or any other place at the service center, then I again enquired and I was again misinformed and no specific reason was given. Later on inisting a lot i was told that my car has gone for a test drive. I was shocked as my car had no major problem and the service was still pending so there was no need for the test drive. I approached the Manager but he too never listened/entertained me. Then my car arrived again at service center at around 3PM (with two person). I somehow pacified my self that everything must be ok but somewhere in my mind I felt very uncomfortable about the whole episode. So I did some investigation myself and found the below things which I just couldn’t believe
1. Mileage on Job Card was entered wrong
2. The Security Gate register showed that my car was out for around 1 hour (from 2 PM to 3 PM) and had been driven for around 14 Kms. Though the place where it had gone as told to me (Hyundai Service station to HDFC Bank, First India Place Gurgaon) is hardly 10 kms (to and fro).
I then immediately approaced the General Manager to brief him about the incident. But this too didn’t prove to be useful as I didn’t get any answer to my questions and no action/investigation was taken against the staff. I was only assured verbally that nothing wrong would have happened to my car.
I was delivered my car at around 5.30PM after servicing and I finally left for home with many unanswered questions revolving my mind.
1. Why my car required test drive before servicing and for no reason
2. Why I was not informed about this test drive or any other problem that required this test drive
3. Why the mileage in the job card was mentioned incorrectly
4. Why two person went for test drive and advisor did not went with them
5. My car was driven for 14 kms but the place where it went as told to me is hardly 10 kms (to and fro)
6. Never ever heard of 14 km test drive for a new car or any other car as such
7. Whether the original parts of my car were still intact and have not been replaced with duplicate ones
8. My car keys have not been duplicated
9. Any other kind of mishandling.
I strongly feel that this kind of misuse/mishandling with customers vechicle is going on at this service center everyday and at the behest of the management and it’s employees.
I would like to log a complaint against the Service Center and want an explanation for the above incident. I would also like to request Hyundai to kindly take necessary action against this service center and the people involved as it’s not only bringing down the name of Hyundai but also spreading dissatisfaction among its large customers and I being among one of those victims.
|18 Comments Updated:||Share0 Tweet0 Share0|
Post your Comment
Consumer Complaints |
Submit Complaint |
View full list of Companies |
Latest Complaints |
Updated Complaints |
Contact Us |
© 2015 Consumer Complaints Forum
If you have any constructive thoughts, creative ideas, or reasonable offers, please, contact us immediately via E-mail