Railway Ticket PNR# 2255166171 - Waiting List number not confirmed

Navin Chandra Joshi
I had booked a ticket in August Kranti Rajdhani Express for my wife (Mohini Navin Joshi) to board train from H.Nizammuddin to Mumbai Central . At the time of booking we were assured by the booking clerk that this waiting number is not a problem at all and will definitely get confirmed as any way there will be additional boggies attached to accomodate the W/L passengers.Our W/L no on the day of travel (30/12/08) was at No.40 in the morning and changed to 26 in the afternoon. As the passenger reached NZm station, it was learnt that the train is delayed by 4 hours and would depart at 20:40 Hrs. The ticket chekers at NZM were contacted and upon seeing the ticket they straight away said this would not get confirm. At 20:20 when the train arrived on the platform, the TC said at your own risk if you want you can board the train. He did not ask for any money from us but was seen colleting money from other customers. As a single female with 4 years baby, it was not possible for her to travel without a confirm berth hence we left the train and booked by air for the next morning. After comimg back in Mumbai when approached Mumbai Central (refund) counter we were asked to submit the claim at Churchgate station alongwith a cover letter. Which has now been submitted and will see how fast the response comes from Indian railways.

Indian railways has already collected the reservation charges from us at the time of booking. I fail to understand why in the first place tickets with W/L are issued?? When you know you are not capable of providing seats to them. This is nothing but cheating with customers. You collect money in full from us and when it comes to refund it takes several months to years and that too with so many unwanted querries. I want to ask this question to railway administration that how come those agents standing in the que get a confirm ticket from the window for a train which is about to departure and the customers who had booked more than 15 days ago still could not manage to be in RAC?? What about indian railway's claim if the ticket not confirmed railway will accomodate in higher class compartmentss???This is all nothing but a planned trick by corrupted railway staff who is just making money out of customer's pockets. This is a known fact to everyone that the counter staff at each reservation center is accepting money for issuing confirm tickets from quota to passengers who pay bribe. Those who believe in the system and wait for their confirmation are always left behind to suffer.

May I seek a departmental enquiryin all such matters and expect a better management and restoration of faith in Indian railways?? Is there anybody honest enough to look in to this kind of situations?

Comments

my name ahamed salmon had booked an online ticket on date 30.06.2009, for journey on 01.07.2009 from chennai egmore to dindigul junction at train no.2653/t n smprk krnti. pnr no: 2161753267 & transaction id: 0124647783. so kindly check n inform me that whether my ticket is confirmed or not my ticket's waiting list number is 3
vikram

khan121

dmshah

Transaction ID: 0273434004 PNR No: 8149258559 Class: 2S
Train No. & Name: 9012/GUJARAT EXPRESS Date of Journey: 16-Nov-2010 Distance: 0427 KM
Date of Booking: 14-Nov-2010 08:49:10 AM Date of Boarding: 16-Nov-2010 Quota: Tatkal
From: ANAND JN(ANND) To: MUMBAI CENTRAL(BCT) Total Fare: Rs 121.00
Boarding: ANAND JN(ANND) Resv Upto: MUMBAI CENTRAL(BCT) Adult: 1 Child: 0
Scheduled Departure: 08:15*
tell me, is my ticket confirmed
N Feb 1, 2011 by
Minhajul Haque

My name is sarfrj ahmad i have booked train ticket for journey from kodarma to delhi . Train no.2381 purwa
MFMM no.27254025 please send me confirmation of waiting list no.

Railway Ticket PNR# 2255166171 - Waiting List number not confirmed