Regional Passport Office - Mumbai - Non Receipt of Passport

Bijal Jayesh Nagda
I am Bijal Jayesh Nagada. My Cell No. is 9821384232. I had applied for the passport (File No. W22082008) and my Police Verification was completed before 29/02/08. However, I have not received the passport till 21/03/08 and, during online inquiry of status of Passport, it is showing that Police Verification Report is not complete. We had inquired the same with Local Police Station [Kandivli (West)] and we called on Tel. No. 1090, where we were replied that Police Verification Report is clear. I tried to contact Regional Passport Office (Mumbai) for this in 2nd week of March, 2008, but I was not properly responded. I request you to look into the matter and guide me for the further actions at the earliest.

Thanks and Regards,
Bijal

Comments

Shabbir

Work not Done - Mumbai Passport

I am from bombay and want to make my wifes passport. Since 15 months its says that its under process.

I dont understand that how much time it takes to make a passport, whereas they say that it need just 15 to 20 days to make a passport.

It would be helpfull if anyone can show me the procedure, how to go about.

Thanking you,

I had applied for re-issue of my passport on 27/Feb/2008 (File No. E008951-08) at the Regional Passport office Mumbai (Worli). My police verification report was clear and sent to the Passport office on 9th April 2008. I had submitted a letter of urgency to the Dy. Passport officer on 18th April as I needed to travel urgently on business. I was told that my passport would be despatched on the 23rd of April. As I did not receive the passport even on the 25th I visited the passport office and was told that my passport was ready and supposed to be despatched on the 23rd itself but due to some internal delay it was not despatched. I had to register a complaint with the Regional passport officer before they despatched my passport on the 25th of April. As of today i.e. 28th April I am still to receive my passport through speed post. I want to also highlight that my collegue who went through an agent got his passport delivered to him in 15 days (non-tatkal) whereas I have been waiting for 2 months for my passport to arrive.

I applied of passor in 28-3-07, , , then i again submit ppform on 11-3-08 but i still not get police inquires, , and online status show it that file is in process..so wht is the status of my application file .pls let me know.
my cell no is 9920222077

My daughter had applied for renewing of her passport last year
31st May 2007 which has not come till today.
I came to know that her passport is ready two weeks back but has not been posted.
Her File no . is E020231.
Please, see to this that we get it soon.
I have urgent works outside Mumbai but unable to go as I have to receive my daughters passport in my adress as she is appearing in her final yr Engineering exams outside Mumbai.
anksin

Dear Sir / Madam
I, Ankit Prakash Jalundhwala recently applied for a passport & have received the passport also. But the name in the passport is being spelled wrong(Ankit Prakash Jalundawala). I would like to know wat is the procedure to change the name in the passport & what will be the papers required? Also i would like to know what is the time taken for the same? Is it necessary to change the name in case i m travelling abroad in coming near future ? Please let me know about this. For your reference my file no. mentioned in the passport is BOMB00669508. If you require any other details you can contact me on anksin@gmail.com & ankit@gigahertzindia.com Waiting for your response on my query as soon as possible.

I HAVE APPLIED FOR MY PASSPORT ON 20-FEB-2008.MY POLICE VERIFICATION HAS BEEN COMPLETED BUT I HAVE NOT RECEIVE MY PASSPORT YET TODAY 24-MAY-08.MY BROTHER HAS APPLIED AFTER 1WEEK WHEN I HAVE APPLIED BUT MY BROTHER PASSPORT HAS BEEN DELIVERED.BUT MY PASSPORT HAS NOT BEEN SENT YET.
MY FILE NO:MAHW15008908.
MY CONTACT NO:9867826496
PLZ BE HELPFULL FOR SAME.
YOUR FAITHFULLY
RAUF KHAN

Kindly note that by mistake I sent the soft copy of my passport (Front page & Back page) to on of the fack ID
I want to launch the complaint so that anyone cannot make misuse of my details
Please guide me to whom I need to address the same
My No. is 9819750790

Waiting for your reply

I would like to know the value of stamp paper required for submitting an affidavit for change of name after marriage. Kindly let me have the information at the earliest.

Hello People,

I don't think these messages are going to the passport office, you guys are wasting your time here, you think our govt. officials have the time to read complaints when all they want to do is have their dabba and catch the 5:11 local.

you want your passport go to the office and get it... and someone please put some sense to use computers for a change.. it makes things a lot faster...

when will these people learn... I am canceling my second conference in 2 months because of my passport..

Hey Guys and gals,

See first its difficult to get a passport indian gov has to see into it, I went to the passport office for like 20 days after which my application was not taken. I gave up and came home i saw an add in the paper on the same day for application of new passport.I caled him up his name was ram.He said he wil take 1000 rs more than the passport i agreed and told him that if i get the passport i wil pay 20 more he agreede now read this"NEXT DAY WENT TO THE PASSPORT OFFICE WITH HIM I WENT STRAIGHT IN WITH HIM(REMEMBER I SPEANT 20 DAYS EVERY DAY STANDING IN LINE)HE STOOD IN LINE AND LET ME SIT WE WENT IN THE OFFICE(NOT IN LINE )HE MET WITH ONE PERSON TOLD HIM HOW MY APPLICATION WAS NOT TAKEN THE PERSON FROM PASSPORT OFFICE SAID NOT TO WORRY HE WIL TAKE CARE OF IT THE AGENT WHO TOOK ME THERE (RAM) TOLD ME TO GIV HIM 500 RS I DID 15 MIN APPLICATION WAS CLEARED AND I STOOD IN LINE TO PAY 1000 BUGS PAID IT AND I CAME HOME NO TATKAL OR ANYTHING...NOW THE POLICE VERIFICATION I GOT FED UP BY THE WAY THE COP OR THE OFFICER IN THE POLICAE STATION WAS ASKIN QUESTIONS TO ME I GAVE UP AND TOLD HIM SAB APP MAT BEJO MERE POLICE CLEARENCE(I CHECKED ONLINE AFTER 10 DAYS SAW THAT THE APPLICATION WAS CLEAR FROM POLICE I CALLED UP THE AGENT LETTING HIM KNOW THAT MY POLICE THING IS CLEAR HE SAID HE CALED UP THE STATION AND DID IT.I HAV THE PASSPORT WITH ME NOW THE AGENT TOLD ME IN 10 DAYS I WILL RECEIVE THE PASSPORT I WAS SURE I WONT RECEIVE IT AS IT WAS NOT TATKAL.BUT U KNOW WAT GUYS AND GALS I DID RECEIVE IT.22 DAYS TOTAL TYIME TOOK FOR MY PASSPORT...Bottom line get a agent who knows people in the passport office...PEOPLE IN MUMABI Let me know if you need help with any thing email me 82.mani@gmail.com

i had applied for passport in 2003 from mumbai. passport no.is BBY 379947, applicant name is SALEEM FAZAL AHMAD, on 22 APRIL 2003.I want to know the reason behind this
G.Gopal

I had applied for my daughter's passport and the file no. is B018107. The police verification from Bandra Police station was sent to CID office on 6.07.2008. The report from CID office to Passport office was sent on 14.07.2008. There is no response from Passport office and their telephone enquiry no, 24965555 is permenantly not available
Bharat

Kindly give information for the change of address in existing passport. In existing passport address is of Borivali but now shifted to another area of Borivali. Which Form & what supported documents and complete proceudre & Fees.

i am praveen kumar and had applied for passport in the year 2006 while working at mumbai. My passport could not be delivered to me till 21st of april 2007, in the meantime i changed my job and joined jindals at Raigarh (Chhattisgarh) on 25th april 2007, since then after one year on my frequent request my passport was delivered to Ranchi RPO on 1/07/08 for further delivery to my address, the irony of the situation is that it is forwarded to Ranchi RPO address with a name of state chhattisgarh the height of sincerity and seriousness of job. Since 1st july 2008 am following with RANCHI RPO thru mail and telephone calls but nothing has mooved so far.
The worst part is that they never respond to any calls or any mails .
It is really disgusting and disappointing .

praveen kumar

non-receipt of passport - passport officials in mumbai

Hello to somebody who is listening!

To make life simple i should start with - I HAVE NOT GOT MY PASSPORT DESPITE FOLLOWING THE USUAL RITUALS OF PAYING EXTRA MONEY TO BOTH THE LOCAL POLICE AS WELL AS LIO DEPARTMENT.

I am feeling cheated now. I am also feeling as if they dont want to grant any national documents to any muslim.

It has been alomost 2 years now but nobody cares to ask me and give me the resolution.

I am feeling low and feeling pity about the govt officials who have got such a Lackadaisical attitute towards the people of this country. These officials should learn how difficult life would be without such vital documents.

Plz revert if anybody is listening. this is my last resort.

To
Shri V. D. Gade
Dy. Passport Officer,
203, Manish Commercial Complex.
Dr. A. B. Road, Worli, Mumbai - 30.

From
Suresh E Thomas
Passport Number- B0730520
Mob No: +91-9820251535.
Email : suresh@msfdn.org

Sub: Rash and Brute behavior of passport processing officer in Samata Nagar, Kandivali.

Respected Sir,

I would like to narate a very unfortunate incident that happened to me while applying
for a passport renewal. I had been to your passport office counter at Samata Nagar
Kandivali (E) for a renewal of my passport today (6th October 2008). While going
through the documents the passport processing officer started making personal comments
on my inability to fill up the form. Inspite of my mentioning to him that I am an international
traveler (with a valid US visa, travelled to Saudi Arabia, Bangladesh, US, Nepal). He inquired
about my profession & when I mentioned that I was a consultant for an NGO, he commented
that I wasnt qualified to be a consultant. He started laughing & insulting me before everybody.
It was very obvious that he wasnt happy with the fact that I was a non-Maharashtrian (though
I can claim to be a Mumbaite far more than any of these worthless fellows; my forefathers have
settled here a few decades).

Hope we change our attitude and start being good Indians. India wouldnt progress with such people
in these responsible positions. I am attaching a copy of this mail to a few other concerned websites as
I am not sure of a favorable response/action.

Thanks a lot & looking forward to some action.

Yours sincerely

Eapen Suresh Thomas
Ph No: +91-9820251535.

I have not received my passport yet.
my FILE NO Z42 3695 08 .
RECEIPT NO 044486
DATE- 19-7-08

My name is Mohammed Arshad and i am a software engineer. I am trying to make passport for last 2 years but unable to make it yet though i have complete documents with me. My Passport file number is B 017195.Approximately i have visited 20 times to the passport office, Police station and CID office. And now i am very much frustated due to there behavior. So please help me out. Our please provide me the higher authority email id so that i can directly contact them and ask the reason behind it.
My email id is arshadrocku@gmail.com/arshad.murtuza@rediffmail.com

Please help me!!!

DEAR SIR,
I HAVE APPLIED FOR MY PASSPORT ON 27-Aug-2008.MY POLICE VERIFICATION HAS BEEN COMPLETED ON 29-09-2008 BUT I HAVE NOT RECEIVE MY PASSPORT YET TODAY 15-NOV-08.
MY FILE NO.IS B029579 ( TRANSFER FROM KOZHIKODE, KERALA)
I'M REQUEST TO YOU TO GIVE ME THE STATUS.

THANKING YOU

Ref. File No.B029579
This is to inform you that i have recieved your recent update regarding my passport.I would like to know about the incompletion of my police verification as mentioned by you. kindly send me relevant details about the issue mentioned above.
Please let me know how long this procedure is going to take.
Prompt responce on from your side would be highly appretiated.

Premalal Kulathinte Valappil.