Seematti, Cochin - Used textile sold by a reputed showroom in Ernakulam

Thankachan V. Joseph
I reproduce below an e mail that I had sent to Ms Beena Kannan, MD of M/s Seematti, Cochin, Kerala, India on 18 March 2008. All pals may make your own judgments.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Madam,
This is to show my anguish regarding a purchase I made from your shop today, 18 MAR 2008. I purchased a shirt, a dhothi and a brief. Bill No. is 8/100466 dated 18/03/2008. Amt 930/-. After reaching home when I opened the packet I could understand that the dhothi had already been used by somebody. A punchent smell from the dhothi which was a mixture of oil used in temple lamps, Sandalwood [Chandana] and sweat I experienced on opening the packet and when the dhothi was taken out. There is every reason to believe that the said dhothi had already been used by somebody in a hindu wedding ceremony, ironed and kept in the shelf of your esteemed organisation. I don't think that it was done with the connivance of senior management, but somebody of the junior level might have done this mischief. After all the said dhothi is not very costly. It costs only Rs 286/-. I bring it your notice for taking corrective measures so that this type of mistake may not recurr in future. Anyway I washed the said dhothi as I require it urgently tomorrow in a ceremony. I have no complaint about the other two items that I purchased.

With regards,

Thankachan V. Joseph

Comments

urvashi

ok fine chat me once plz?

To, madam beena khanna, hemant here from varanasi kailash silk industries k 37/32 malviya katra golghar varanasi near mehtab chand pannalal. i am salesman of rupdarshi start my own business of handloom a wide range of kataan banarasi upada heavy pure silks itoms 2000/ ready stock of pure silk sarees always available. range 2500/- to 11000/- plz visit once.dealing this time vizayawada nellore hyderabad and banglore wish to business with u. plz don, t ignore me.terms and condition because of capital problem 2 months credit only i can now.my shop is 20 years old we are 4 brothers .there is no cotton itoms total handloom silk.if u presser on ur mind u can remember my face. when u were going from rupdarsi by opening the door i have taken a saree black colour cloth 60-60 patch and cwama, buti range 1650/- approx . a slim fair colour boy name hemant me. ok plz call once to start and chance a business. we suplly sarees to g.n. bro, s / ghansyam/ nilesh si;lk/ brijraman das/ but now stopped local dealing. start now direct to andhra dealing. beleave me there are diziner fancy sobar stock.not only cheap but also best quality. 09307317653/05422330022/09336914399
jeff

instead of shopping for the mallu celebraties in you shop once in a blue moon please make sure you sell the brand new atleast products in your esteemed shop ...

Since 1968, I am shopping with Seemati and only with Seemati, till last May, 2010, before my departure to Australia for a short visit. All these years, my regular shopping varied Rs.47000./ to Rs.878/ each time. All my relatives' wedding dresses are being purchased from Seemati. Seemati gives same treatment to customers who make shopping for a Lac or for amount, less than Rs.1000/.

During my short vacation, I had a shopping in Ramanika, newly opened that time. I bought a saree for a wedding, next day. After few hours of wearing that saree, my wife found, torn many places like an old worn out saree. Within hours, I reached Ramanika and vent my anger. I found many customers, sitting with similar complaints and waiting for Management's decision. That time I shouted to them "this shop will not last more". And it happened.

Seemati has highest success and reputation in their business and recent expansion under the leadership of Mrs. Beena Kannan and whenever I visit Seemati I search everywhere to meet Beena Kannan; but I did not request for an interview,

I wish M/s. Seemati, all success.

Best regards