sunova spirulina - Product originality in question

nathan
I am having SUNOVA SPIRULINA CAPSULES for past few years. However, yesterday I purchased a pack of SUNOVA SPIRULINA CAPSULES from a
medical store. This is the first time that the capsule content is off
white in color. The capsule colour is dark green (not transparent as before) and the capsule content (powder) is off white in color. Is
this capsule genuine?

Pack deteil::
Batch no:: SPC 8002
Mfg. Date:: 01/2008
Best Before :: 12/2010

I was not sure about it therefore I wrote e-mail to info@sanat.co.in, I got this email id form http://www.sanat.co.in/consumer_products/sunova-spirulina-life.asp. However, to my suprise mr sanat never reverted back to me. I waited for a week and then i had to go the the medical store from where i purchased it. I bought another pack of sunova spirulina from another shop (same manufacture date and batch number )and sliced the capsule to check the content. The new pack had green powder as ususl. I showed the content of both the capsules to the shopkeeper, and it is then he replaced the one with offwhite powder.

This would be my last pack of sunova spirulina. I will never consume their products ever again.

Comments

i am doing a project on sunova spirulina wherin i would like to know the pest and swot analysis reqd for starting a new buss, the drivers to the buss, the impact of spirulina in the market

i purchased sunova spirulina capsules from 98.4 pharmacy and the pack was marked non vegetarian
isnt it suppose to be vegetarian?????????

I purchased recently from Faridabad. Batch Number SPC-9001, Mfg Date 01/2009, Best Before 12/2011
I opened the capsule, it is transparent and has dark green powder inside it. Hope its genuine. I think the one that you got might be from a scruplous source who can't care less about the public health and also the authorities are responsible for this.

Gagandeep, I think that eating algae would be classified as non-vegetarian, if you think in that sense. Thus, the Red sign is appropriate.

Nathan, I would like to know, since you have been taking spirulina for many years, what positive/negative results do you feel with its consumption?

I have started to consume the two capsules of Sunova Spirulina with breakfast from first week of August 2009.Though I have not felt any positive change so far but I am hopeful that it will show its effect after three months as has been told by few of my colleagues who have been taking it since a long time.My four years daughter was born prematured and since than she could not recovered the normal weight.Can I give her the sunova spirulina?Is it effective in gaining the normal weight?
A Nov 20, 2011 by
hpmishra

Sunova seems to be a dubious brand. I also wrote an email recently, but never received any reply.

You may try Guardian Pharmacy's Spirulina, which costs only Rs.100 for 60 capsules of 500 mg, as against Rs. 180 for Sunova's product. At least Guardian has a better name and its box contains the GMP stamp.

In fact, it's time the various manufacturers were mandated to refer to quality certification from accredited govt. labs before putting any batch in the market.
D Dec 9, 2011 by
skaushiik

Hi this side sanjeev, belongs to sunova family but you donot say that it is a dubious brand, without knowing about the product in and out.
Because we are exporting our spirulina across 45 countries.
Gaurdian is not a brand for product it is just a retail chain outlets.
So collect some information then give your comments.
So first think and then Say.
N Jan 12, 2012 by
sidsinha123

I have been using spirulina from sanat products. i never had any issues in it. Please contact the contact person if you had any issues -
Abhishek Vaish

www.sunova.in

contact@sunova.in

+91-11-22518794/95/96 (Extn: 337)

+91-11-22055985
N Jul 9, 2014 by
Raj Gadasalli

I purchased Sunova Spirulina tablets manufactured by Surya Herbal batch No SPT-1403 and surprised to find that the Protein content per tablet is just 0.29 grms. Spirulina is supposed to be the richest source of protein and people buy it for that. I feel I am cheated with tall claims of health benefits. A cheaper multivitamin tablet would provide more health benefits than this rubbish. Will through this bottle away and will not buy Sunova stuff.

sunova spirulina - Product originality in question