[Resolved] Air India — refund not processed

Plot No. 16B , Karpagam Nagar , 1st Street Selaiyur, Chennai, Chennai District, Tamil Nadu, India
 ku1d33p on Apr 16, 2019
Hi Team,

I'VE NOT RECEIVED THE FULL REFUND AS PROMISED AIR INDIA. UPON CHECKING THE BANK STATEMENT I SEE THEY REFUNDED THE AMOUNT WITH PENALITY AND I RECEIVED ONLY 531 INR ON 26/03/2019.

I WAS PROMISED BY AIR INDIGO AGENTS TWICE THAT I WILL GET FULL REFUND WITH NIL PENALITY SINCE MY TRAVEL WAS NOT COMPLETED DUE TO SERVICE ( INDIAN AIR FORCE ) exigencies/high alert.

On April 9th, I've spoken with one their colleagues named Sudeep over the phone call. He requested to share the details again of my booking to look into this further.

TICKET REFERENCE NUMBER : [protected]

Details of Booking :

(PNR): YJ3F0 (AI)
E-Ticket NUMBER :[protected]

ISSUE : On March 15, 2019, I've contacted Air India customer support number on[protected] and spoke with one of their agent named Padmapriya. On phone call I informed her very clearly that my leaves were cancelled due to service ( India Air Force) exigencies/high alert.

She took some time and checked with someone senior and confirmed that my FULL REFUND will be processed and asked me to drop an email with my flight details..which i did immediately. I've attached the screenshot of the mail as well.

After few days, I've called again on your toll free number[protected] to check on the status of my refund. Again, your another agent confirmed that my full refund will be processed if really the leaves were canceled due to exigencies/high alert and full refund will be given.

I'VE SEND MULTIPLE EMAILS FROM THIS EMAIL ID AND ANOTHER EMAIL ID AS WELL WHICH IS ( [email protected] and [email protected] ) REGARDING CANCELLATION. ATTACHED SCREENSHOTS AS WELL FOR YOUR REFERENCE.

I'VE ALSO HAVE AUDIO RECORDINGS OF THE AGENTS WHOM I SPOKE WITH WHERE THEY CLEARLY CONFIRMED ABOUT FULL REFUND.

The Last email I received from their support team is stating that as per the revised modalities of the Air India Waiver,

"applicable penalties of re-issuance, date change, no-show, cancellation and refund charges for

duty travel of Armed Forces Personnel stand waived for all Domestic travel till 31st March, 2019."

Request, kindly provide an official document clearly stating that the travel was for official purpose along
with the reason for the date change/cancellation of the duty travel to enable us to process a full refund
against the transaction.

I HAVE ALREADY PROVIDED THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS AS REQUESTED BUT NOW THEY HAVE STOPPED REPLYING. I HAVE TWEETED THIS ALSO, SENT A MESSAGE ON THEIR FACEBOOK PAGE AND NO ONE SEEMS TO BOTHER ABOUT THIS.

Please help. Let me know If you need any further details from me. Awaiting reply.

refund not processed
refund not processed
Complaint marked as Resolved Apr 17, 2019
Received a mail today stating that they have initiated the full refund. Thank you.

[Apr 17, 2019] Air India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Comments

I made a flight ticket booking for Delhi to Hyderabad sector and paid RS.3469/- via upi. My state Bank account has been debited but I haven't been issued a booking confirmation or an e-ticket. There's no sign of any confirmation from Air India. Please look into this matter

+91 11 2462 4075 [Helpdesk]