Airtel — international roaming not working in the usa

Mishty Ray on Aug 7, 2017
I bought an international roaming pack for the usa for inr 3999 for my prepaid number [protected] which is supposed to give me call, sms and data privileges. However i am unable to make any outgoing calls and my data is not working. This puts me in a nightmarish position while roaming internationally as i can't call a cab or call someone in case of an emergency. There is no proper channel to call a number which i could find on your website and there is no way i can find help using the 'get help' option on the website. Please help asap!

[Aug 07, 2017] Airtel customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by Mishty Ray, Aug 07, 2017
I just got a call from +91 [protected] asking for details of my ATM card! They say that they will charge me some money to process my complaint otherwise this will be rejected. This smells like a complete scam to me as no authorized company will ask for atm card details to process a customer complaint.
Updated by Mishty Ray, Aug 07, 2017
This is terrible! I got a second phone call from them asking me the name of the bank at which my card is registered and then aggressively threatened to reject the complaint if I don't give this information.
Updated by Mishty Ray, Aug 08, 2017
I received a message today saying - 'Thank you for contacting us. Hope your concern related to your airtel mobile number [protected] has been resolved to your satisfaction. Your reference number is CGPSC[protected] registered on 08-aug-2017 15:57'

NO, my problem has NOT been resolved and I received absolutely zero communication from airtel regarding this.

This is complete harassment, I am very dissatisfied with Airtel customer care for consumers in distress.
Complaint comments  7 Comments     Updated: Share0Tweet0Share0

Related Complaints

[Resolved] Airtel - balance deduction [697]

[Resolved] Airtel - call details [343]

[Resolved] Airtel - SIM Activation [208]

[Resolved] Airtel - Sim Block [167]

[Resolved] Airtel - MNP [110]

Comments

same problem with me as well. i activated 3999/- plan only incoming calls and data works. can't make outgoing call. frustrating. No means to contact.
I have the same issue with Israel, can't do any outgoing calls. Data also is not working mostly. Waste of money and such struggle
Same issue with me. I tried for Cambodia and it didn’t work. Thinking it might work in USA I bought the 2999 pack. Totally useless.
I have the similar issue. Mobile Data works but Outgoing and Incoming calls are not working. It is so frustrating.
I got an international roaming pack while travelling to US from Airtel for Rs.2999 and could not receive any incoming or make outgoing calls.The customer service is not at all good.In spite of several emails and calls, all that they say is "sorry for the inconvenience caused".They get the money and don't give service.Especially while travelling abroad this is really frustrating.I had to use the hotel phone and pay high bills to make international calls.
My number is [protected]. I have international roaming and am in USA since April 2018. The service was ok till now. Suddenly it has stopped working. When I try to search network provider I see AT&t but it does not connect. I have gone through all the trouble shooting steps without success.
Please help.

+91 11 4266 6500 [Head Office]
    +91 11 4666 6100 [Head Office]
    20, Sarakki Main Road, JP Nagar 1st Phase, Bangalore, Karnataka, India - 560078
    Airtel - international roaming not working in the usa