Airtel — international roaming not working in the usa

Mishty Ray on Aug 7, 2017
I bought an international roaming pack for the usa for inr 3999 for my prepaid number [protected] which is supposed to give me call, sms and data privileges. However i am unable to make any outgoing calls and my data is not working. This puts me in a nightmarish position while roaming internationally as i can't call a cab or call someone in case of an emergency. There is no proper channel to call a number which i could find on your website and there is no way i can find help using the 'get help' option on the website. Please help asap!

[Aug 07, 2017] Airtel customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by Mishty Ray, Aug 07, 2017
I just got a call from +91 [protected] asking for details of my ATM card! They say that they will charge me some money to process my complaint otherwise this will be rejected. This smells like a complete scam to me as no authorized company will ask for atm card details to process a customer complaint.
Updated by Mishty Ray, Aug 07, 2017
This is terrible! I got a second phone call from them asking me the name of the bank at which my card is registered and then aggressively threatened to reject the complaint if I don't give this information.
Updated by Mishty Ray, Aug 08, 2017
I received a message today saying - 'Thank you for contacting us. Hope your concern related to your airtel mobile number [protected] has been resolved to your satisfaction. Your reference number is CGPSC[protected] registered on 08-aug-2017 15:57'

NO, my problem has NOT been resolved and I received absolutely zero communication from airtel regarding this.

This is complete harassment, I am very dissatisfied with Airtel customer care for consumers in distress.
Complaint comments  5 Comments     Updated: Share0Tweet0Share0

Comments

same problem with me as well. i activated 3999/- plan only incoming calls and data works. can't make outgoing call. frustrating. No means to contact.
I have the same issue with Israel, can't do any outgoing calls. Data also is not working mostly. Waste of money and such struggle
Same issue with me. I tried for Cambodia and it didn’t work. Thinking it might work in USA I bought the 2999 pack. Totally useless.
I have the similar issue. Mobile Data works but Outgoing and Incoming calls are not working. It is so frustrating.

+91 11 4266 6500 [Head Office]
    +91 11 4666 6100 [Head Office]
    20, Sarakki Main Road, JP Nagar 1st Phase, Bangalore, Karnataka, India - 560078
    Airtel - international roaming not working in the usa