136.1 Yoga
4.2

136.1 Yoga Complaints & Reviews

Like all others who have posted on this forum, I too was in the treated with indifference and arrogance for the last 8-10 months. This is what I did today after yet another false reply from them of returning the money last week. 1. Go to the Chennai facebook page - www.facebook.com/136point1?fref=ts 2. Go to any of their posts and paste this link - https://www.consumercomplaints.in/bycompany/136-1-yoga-a352361.html This is the link of the consumer forum we are on. It needs to be publicised to as many people as possible. They will delete the post and block you like they did to me, but at least it put some pressure on them. The more people do this the better!!! Eventually their operations manager, Pratik, called me and said that they will be refunding Rs. 10k out of the Rs. 16, 854 they had collected for the annual membership. I went for only 2 mths of classes before they shut down. There was no explanation about the deduction! They have been very rude and inconsiderate, especially the owner Yash, who seems think he can get away with this. Hope this works for all of you! Please spread the word to others who are in the same situation.

I took 1 year membership with 136.1 Indiranagar in Jan, 2014. Within 2 months, they announced they are going to shutdown the center and money will be refunded. Its been 8 months now and I've not received my refund. I tried contacting the authorities including the director Yash Saran. They just promise that the refund will be made soon. But till now no refund was made. It is so disgusting to see them expanding all over India, but have no money to refund the people they cheated. I want to get my refund at the earliest. Infact I should be getting interest also for the delay.

Like the others who have already posted, I too have the same complaint about the 136.1 Yoga Center in Indiranagar, with a virtually identical sequence of events. I signed up for a 3 days a week annual membership, paying Rs 16, 179 in Aug-Sep 2013. After barely 6 months, the studio announced it was shutting down in March. Following that there was no communication at all to me about refund, or any response to my repeated emails. Finally, I posted on their Facebook page and connected with others who were having similar issues. Following this publicity on social media, 136.1 finally responded to me and we have been exchanging emails for the last 2 months. I was promised my refund in early July after sharing my bank account details, but so far this has not materialized. This has been an extremely frustrating experience and has left me with quite a bad taste overall regarding this institution.

I'm not sure where to begin. I signed up for 136.1's Indiranagar yoga studio towards the end of Feb 2014. Five days after I signed up (and paying up for a month), I receive an email saying, "Please be informed that the management has decided to end operations at Indiranagar studio. For reasons several, it was a unanimous, albeit heart-breaking, decision by the management to close the studio." Now, I'm not heartless. I do understand that things can go terribly wrong. They decided to shut the Indiranagar studio by giving us a 24 hour notice, but they conveniently took 5 months to do a refund of the membership fee. I'm sure this refund would have never happened if I had not chased and threatened them. Since they shut the yoga studio, the provided phone number always went unanswered. Initial emails regarding the refund went unanswered too. After several threatening emails, I received an arrogant, curt and abrupt email by Yash Saran (the owner of 136.1) saying it's under process. Not sure how 'under process' translates to 5 months. I would like to make a special mention of Yash Saran's attitude here. Arrogant. Rude. Unapologetic. Not once did he provide an explanation, or convey regret on having delayed the refund. All his emails sounded like he was doing me a favour by returning the money. Unprofessional is not a harsh enough word for an entrepreneur like him. Not surprised one bit that his business failed. An attitude like that deserves no less. Anyways, I received my refund after finally threatening to take legal action. It took 5 months. They refunded my money after deducting tax. Being a business owner myself, I do know that you only file tax for the money you earn. Money refunded is always refunded along with applicable tax. I'm a 100% sure they've pocketed that differential amount, no matter how small that sum maybe. This complaint is not as much about the money, as it is about an ethical business, run by an equally unethical businessman.

On March 3, 136.1 Yoga in Indiranagar, Bangalore suddenly informed us (via email) of their immediate shutdown as of March 4, 2014. Another email followed informing us that we could get a refund or transfer our membership to the Whitefield studio. Having no interest in the latter, I decided to request for a refund of my annual membership having signed up in January under a discount-offer scheme. Thus began the long, tedious interaction with Yash Saran (presumably the owner of 136.1). There are so many complaints, I don't know where to start! I was extremely sympathetic in my first series of emails and was met with a lot of explanations and promises by Yash. As the weeks passed, my patience started to wane as I was constantly informed that the money would be refunded the next day; the next week; in 2 weeks. Speaking with a lot of other students who went to 136.1, it seems I was lucky to even get a reply from him. I was then put in touch with Ram who I assume is the accountant and finally after about 40 back and forth emails (which included me threatening legal action), on April 28 I checked my bank account to see less than ONE THIRD of the refund amount. Around the same time, I had left a complaint on the wall of their facebook group and had a few fellow students reply to the post. Promptly after, they disabled their wall on '136.1 Bangalore' group as well as the '136.1' group so there was no way for me to contact the other people that had complained under my post. Shortly after, emails to their official 136.1 Indiranagar email address started to bounce back. People began to complain under the last image they had posted on facebook and finally they provided an alternate email address. A few other students and I started another email thread to Yash demanding to know what the refund status was. As expected, there was another slew of false promises and lies and after being threatened with legal action and reporting them to the police, 30 emails later we received our refunds on June 13, 2014. Of course there was an issue with the refunded amount as well. When asked for the tabulation, they had deducted 11% of the annual amount as “tax we want to pay to govt.” – in Ram’s words. This doesn’t seem right. Why should I be taxed such a high rate when they shut down after 2 months of class?! When I brought this to their notice, Yash replied with "We have wired what was due..If your lawyer wants to contest our service tax deduction then please proceed..from our end we have wired our liability." I have no fight left in me to pursue this further and I think they know that. In conclusion, I would strongly urge anybody considering going to 136.1 to reconsider their decision. They lack professionalism and are extremely unethical. Yash's tone through most our communication was arrogant and unapologetic – as if he was doing us a favour, and he lied constantly. This whole ordeal took a ridiculous amount of time and effort and I would not wish it upon anyone else. It seems once again that the Indian consumer is least important.

I opted for Yoga class at 136.1 Yoga, Indiranagar Bangalore. I paid 17000 INR on 28th November 2013 for annual membership. On March 3rd 2014 we received a message from them stating the studio will remain closed and you can get a transfer to Whitefield studio or opt for a refund. I opted for a refund. Still now I didnt get a refund. The Director of the studio Yash says it will happend tomorrow but the day never comes. Please help me in getting the refund as it has been more than 3 months.